Subject: Perils rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
Hi !

I have one more question. I just finished playing Game 5, and I can not understand how perils are useful other than to pay the cost to obtain a benefit?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Yes, that is the main reason. The buildings rewards for those that require peril cubes get really good though.

There is another way they are used but I won’t spoil that til you get there.

But yes, in short peril is just another type of resource in the game.

Also remember the order of process, you pick up the peril cube AFTER you have paid the cost and gained the benefit of the building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are a type of token to pay for things. There are buildings that cost different types of peril, and the new Quota track is a good use for them too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peril tokens can also be used on the quota track.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Peril tokens can also prevent you from overbuilding a building as well - in order to overbuild, there have to be no tokens on the target building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
Thank you Sam, Benj and Israel !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hendy
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Can I suggest you change the title of the thread as 'Perils' is arguably a spoiler. Admittedly, someone who's not opened them yet won't know what they are, but even so... Something like 'Contents of Box i [Spoilers]' might be a better way of heading this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The thematic justification I had to wrap my head around before peril made sense to me was that the peril existed at the building, and the cube you take is proof that you went there to deal with it. At first we were hesitant to take peril cubes because of their name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.