Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kicking off my first solo game as the Coalition. Very first turn. Card is Fratricide. The Warlords are first up. I have gone through the Warlord bot chart, and I cannot find any Operations or Special Activities that apply to the Warlords' opening set up. If nothing applies, do they just pass?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the flowchart leads you to an "Operation" box where you can't execute any of the instructions, you follow the "if None" arrow to the next box and try that one instead.

In your case the flowchart would lead you to the March box (Rally won't replace any Guerrillas with Bases and no Player victory margin is positive); since none of the Warlords Guerrillas on the map can move without incovering a Warlords Base you follow the "if None" arrow to the Rally box and execute those instructions instead. At the start of the scenario you will be able to execute at least some of the Rally bullets.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Is the positive victory margin in relation to the other players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Fading Captain wrote:

This is in reference to the diamond-shaped question "Player victory margin positive?", right?

In the COIN series, player standardly refers to the human player, while non-player is the non-human player. So, you playing this solo means you are the player. You don't have a positive victory margin at the start of the scenario.

As to your original question, I think Oerjan's probably guessed your interpretative trouble. You follow the flowchart and you answer the first diamond question negatively (Rally would not lead to the Warlords placing a base). This takes you to the aforementioned diamond to which the answer is No, so you end up in the March box.

It can be that it is not possible to conduct any of the March action points (probably because the Warlords guerrillas would leave their bases unprotected if they'd March). In that case, as Oerjan says, you follow the If None arrow which takes you to the Rally box.

You will most likely be able to conduct at least one Rally action point since the Warlords probably have guerrillas available.

If not, you follow the If None again, but since you already tried to March you're in a loop between the Rally and the March boxes. Then you note there's that bubble that says "Loop: Attack".

And so on and so on.

Thanks for playing the variant bots! Let us know how it goes. It takes a few turns to get into the groove and internalize the bot chart's language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
masil wrote:
Fading Captain wrote:

This is in reference to the diamond-shaped question "Player victory margin positive?", right?

In the COIN series, player standardly refers to the human player, while non-player is the non-human player. So, you playing this solo means you are the player. You don't have a positive victory margin at the start of the scenario.

As to your original question, I think Oerjan's probably guessed your interpretative trouble. You follow the flowchart and you answer the first diamond question negatively (Rally would not lead to the Warlords placing a base). This takes you to the aforementioned diamond to which the answer is No, so you end up in the March box.

It can be that it is not possible to conduct any of the March action points (probably because the Warlords guerrillas would leave their bases unprotected if they'd March). In that case, as Oerjan says, you follow the If None arrow which takes you to the Rally box.

You will most likely be able to conduct at least one Rally action point since the Warlords probably have guerrillas available.

If not, you follow the If None again, but since you already tried to March you're in a loop between the Rally and the March boxes. Then you note there's that bubble that says "Loop: Attack".

And so on and so on.

Thanks for playing the variant bots! Let us know how it goes. It takes a few turns to get into the groove and internalize the bot chart's language.

Thanks for the added clarification. I will keep working through them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.