Hanabi» Forums » General

Subject: Protecting deluxe tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Anyone have any suggestions for protecting the deluxe version tiles especially during the shuffle/washing phase? I know playing on a mat will prevent damage to an extent, but I was thinking of some spray on coat like an acrylic protector or maybe clear nail polish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to the R&R games deluxe edition or the Abacusspiele one?

My experience with Abacussspiele tiles is that if you avoid playing on a gritty surface and avoid sliding them on their backs, scuffing up the front of the tiles has no real impact on play because the symbols are recessed from the surface.

The R&R version is a different kettle of fish, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with the R&R ones on the metal table in front of Panera Bread more than a few times. They are scratched all to heck and back. The writing is still on there though. So it's pretty good paint or screening or whatever.

I'm with Malachi on this one. When you're shuffling your shuffling the fronts. It doesn't really matter if they get some scratches, it doesn't affect play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.