United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I packed the game up so please forgive if I don't remember everything exactly right. the spirit of the question(s) remain the same.

We drew an epidemic card that had us infect Madrid (3 blue COdA cubes}. This epidemic took us to the new Faded rules. The discard pile was light so when intensified and then infected at the end of the turn we drew Madrid again which meant an Outbreak. This is how we played it.

Our thought was an Outbreak occurs when you would place a cube but can't. So now that we would "place" a Faded instead to create the Outbreak we made Madrid city zero and then replaced the 3 blue cubes with 3 Faded. We then "Outbroke" to the adjacent 5 cities (regardless of their color). We placed a Faded City sticker on each and then one Faded mini.

Does this sound right? We started trying to justify ways to not have our first exposure to the Faded (which was awesome by the way) more limited but this seemed like the right way to play. We were very close to winning when this happened and although we still won we ended up with 8 Faded cities before the game ended. Has us nervous not knowing what we will be able to do about them yet. I love this game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds correct from my memory. In general everything of the faded color is going to become a faded city pretty quickly, it's containing it to just those cities as much as possible (and doing your best from keeping those cities from collapsing) that is important.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Donna
Italy
flag msg tools
Sounds good.
The only thing I notice is that the desease to become COdA is the one with most cubes on the board, so, commonly, you have many cities to choose from when you select Zero city, Madrid was not mandatory, i think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Peterson
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you did this correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Peterson
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and in response to SuperNewby,
City Zero is the first city you would convert to Faded, so you did not have a choice. It had to be Madrid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
This entire thread contains spoilers for mid-April.

Yes, it sounds like you followed the rules correctly. You don't say,
but I assume you also converted any existing blue cubes in Paris, London and New York into Faded figures?

(I'll also check that you remembered to increase Madrid's panic level in all the, um, excitement.)

As for how bad it is to have that many Faded cities at the end of April, play on... :-p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.