Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know when this will release?
In anticipation I bought all the season 1 stuff so I could have a huge Rum and Bones blast...but I'm getting worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
should be out now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a link no for this?

Edit: I asked my retailer and they verified what you said.
No Upgrade kit coming.
So I cancelled my pre-order.

I know some of these went out. We may need some good samaritan to post scans of the cards and such so we can homebrew what we can and make these games compatible.

What a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:

Edit: I asked my retailer and they verified what you said.
No Upgrade kit coming.
So I cancelled my pre-order.

Do we have verification from CMON on this? I didn't get in on the Kickstarters and don't want to be confused all of the time as to which sets go with which edition. Plus it's a shame to shut out new adopters like myself of playing the older releases with the new set.

Does this mean that they're phasing out R&B completely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also known as
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameBliss had them:

https://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/rum-bones-second-tid...

Hopefully they'll get more in as they do ship to the US as well.

CSI seems to have some -

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/242194
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the interaction I had with my vendor Game Boarders over at Amazon:

Hello Ralph,
I was actually just about to email you when I saw your inquiry. I got an email from the manufacturer that basically confirms that same info you are seeing on BGG. They had promised to release stock to all major distributors, and then I get this email the other day after weeks of asking for an update:

"We apologize for the delay in responding. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans for a wide retail release of the upgrade kit at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Very disappointing and frustrating stuff. Obviously we will refund and cancel your order due to this news, but I wanted to email you before you see a refund and cancellation on the order. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion, and unfortunately, we were in the dark until they finally decided to send a response. If you have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you for all your patience and understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon Gamma wrote:
BoardGameBliss had them:

CSI seems to have some -

Maybe you're seeing something different. CSI has them on Pre-Order but that only means they expected some at one point. Board Game Bliss shows Sold Out.

I'm going to tweet to CMON and see if they respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From a December 28th email to CMON:

CSR Overclock (CMON)

Dec 28, 15:09 EST

Hi Ralph,
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we have not been given any release date information for the Rum & Bones Season 1 Upgrade Kit. The only thing we can do is suggest that you regularly check the CMON website or follow CMON on Facebook or Twitter for updates. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you and have a good day.
CSR Overclock

CMON INC.
1275 Ridgeland Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30004, USA

tensider wrote:
Weapon Gamma wrote:
BoardGameBliss had them:

CSI seems to have some -

Maybe you're seeing something different. CSI has them on Pre-Order but that only means they expected some at one point. Board Game Bliss shows Sold Out.

I'm going to tweet to CMON and see if they respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chessie Zecat
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
So...does this mean the upgrade kit is not coming or that they have their heads wedged up their back passages and don't KNOW if it's coming?

Dammit, I hate dealing with CMON. It's like pulling teeth.

-Chessie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had to guess, based on the info I've received I think they figure its a matter of cost? Maybe?
So whatever is out there is out there and they are done with this product.
Real bummer for people like me that came to the party late.

Chessiecat wrote:
So...does this mean the upgrade kit is not coming or that they have their heads wedged up their back passages and don't KNOW if it's coming?

-Chessie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chessiecat wrote:

-Chessie
Heh, I am having an issue with CMON on another project AND I am having a tooth extracted today. I have not heard from CMON in over a week and the tooth is coming out whether I like it or not. That is scheduled, the down payment made and I may not get to eat today.

Ask me which is easier in a few hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This made me laugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From their tweet:

CMON
‏@CMONGames
3h3 hours ago
Replying to @tensider

Hi! Currently it is not scheduled for release. If that changes we'll make an announcement. Thanks!

---

So "Don't hold your breath". I hadn't purchased Second Tide yet and am now much more on the fence, if the publisher's interest is waning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer!
Is there a way to get the scans of the cards we need and do it ourselves kind of thing?
I own both season 1 and 2 content, is there an easy way to make season 1 compatible with 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They posted them some time ago on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah? Under files it threads? Let me start under files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Apfel
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tensider wrote:
From their tweet:

CMON
‏@CMONGames
3h3 hours ago
Replying to @tensider

Hi! Currently it is not scheduled for release. If that changes we'll make an announcement. Thanks!

---

So "Don't hold your breath". I hadn't purchased Second Tide yet and am now much more on the fence, if the publisher's interest is waning.

Wow. This is some BS from CMON. I was laughing at all the people spending $100 on ebay for this upgrade kit last summer because I had the patience to wait until November (the predicted release date) to get it for $20, and just left my original Rum & Bones stuff in the closet and made do with the Second Tide stuff until I could incorporate the rest of it.

Now they just have no plans to release the upgrade kit anymore? I guess all those other people are laughing at people like me now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disappointed also as I just received a lot of the 1st season models and I am keen to play with Second tide rules.

Is there some where that has the files so I can do so. I saw there were files for the four crews on the geek but not the mercs. I can find the mercs on season one KS but some one mentioned on the Rum and Bones forums there are there are changes to several due to the push mechanic and it being very powerful.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im gonna check the file section and get the cards that are scanned there and print and laminate it. I think I saw some things there. If they are not there can we request here on BGG for folks to upload scans or ask CMON or who can we ask?
That will be a work-a-round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Quimbey
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Is it legal? Isn't that essentially piracy if they don't approve it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lone Xolf
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hope they decide to make a print run of the upgrade kit, no real reason to buy the older factions without it as a second tide owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lepailleur
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
They can hardly complain if they don't provide the materials themselves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought all the older games in hopes of the upgrade kit. Now i have two versions of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent them a message as well, and here is the response I received:

Quote:
Hello Conrad,
I apologize for the delay in responding. At this time, we do not have a release date for the upgrade kit, and we will pass along your comments to our production team. If you, and any others on the BGG forums, are interested in purchasing the Upgrade kit, we recommend asking your local FLGS to place an order with their distributor for the kit. The more interest that is generated, the more likely the upgrade kit will be released at retail.
Thank you,

CSR Cecilia

CMON INC.
1275 Ridgeland Parkway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
intellicore wrote:
I sent them a message as well, and here is the response I received:

Quote:
Hello Conrad,
I apologize for the delay in responding. At this time, we do not have a release date for the upgrade kit, and we will pass along your comments to our production team. If you, and any others on the BGG forums, are interested in purchasing the Upgrade kit, we recommend asking your local FLGS to place an order with their distributor for the kit. The more interest that is generated, the more likely the upgrade kit will be released at retail.
Thank you,

CSR Cecilia

CMON INC.
1275 Ridgeland Parkway

Sounds like a load of crap. Just trying to push people off them to
Others. This no doubt will never see the light of day again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.