Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Miller
United States
Easton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing a few times with the basic characters, tonight we just randomly chose any of the others. We ended up having to quit though because neither of us could figure out what "Fire Mastery" actually did. Since it is on so many of her talents it is obviously important, but the text associated with it on the flyer is not very clear. What does "Cool Off" mean? It says positive status effect, but I do not know why it is positive. Does this mean other status effects are nullified while you have one of these?

I have no doubt I am missing something simple here, but as it stands, the descriptor means nothing to me. Any deeper explanation of this is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also known as
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Fire Mastery is a buff to the Pyromancer, with each token (to a maximum of 5) adding to the damage of other skills. Each turn the Pyromancer 'cools off' and loses a token so she needs to gain tokens to keep her pool of Fire Mastery tokens up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny Trembley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DeadMeat1240 wrote:
After playing a few times with the basic characters, tonight we just randomly chose any of the others. We ended up having to quit though because neither of us could figure out what "Fire Mastery" actually did. Since it is on so many of her talents it is obviously important, but the text associated with it on the flyer is not very clear. What does "Cool Off" mean? It says positive status effect, but I do not know why it is positive. Does this mean other status effects are nullified while you have one of these?

I have no doubt I am missing something simple here, but as it stands, the descriptor means nothing to me. Any deeper explanation of this is appreciated.

Fire Mastery is a token that allows abilities on her board to do more damage or to fuel cards that she might have. On its own, say if a different player transferences it would do nothing on another player besides cool off and go away.

The cooling off is important because she must keep herself running hot. So the important part of Fire mAstery, when viewed in conjunction with her board, is that it powers up abilities. And is a depleting resource that must be regained to stay "hot".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerad Clark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played as the Pyromancer for the first time last night, and I'll admit, I too was confused by the wording at first regarding the Fire Mastery tokens. But once you start playing you realize that it's just basically currency to pay for more damage.

She was really powerful and handily beat the Artificer. Her getting to roll all 5 dice on defense was really powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny Trembley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
She is a fast hero that loves to play into the slower build up heroes.

But around these parts, she is less than 50% against the old man and his robots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Drizzt
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My wife and I had the exact same problem at first but once we read the player board it started to make sense after awhile. Def can be confusing at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.