Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Alessandro said in this thread New official C&C website launched Compass Games has approved the Website and VASSAL Module.

I am pleased to say that the Module is nearly ready.
Here is a taster:

I am busy Bug fixing and Polishing right now but the final interface shouldn't change much more.

Once finalised I can capture the rest of the Scenarios.(The Scenario graphics on the website were created in an earlier version of this VASSAL Module but, due to all the changes I have made since, I need to recapture them all for the final module.)

The good news is that it is almost ready for Play Testing and Community input, I will call for volunteers.

Watch this space........

Cheers
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
all the components for a VASSAL tournament are coming into place.
Is there any interest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len K
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
East is east, and west is west, and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
Is there any interest?

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Ottoman
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in tournament play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Wasil
Poland
Milejów
Lublin
flag msg tools
mb
Could I try?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VASSAL Have now approved the page but the Moderators are sitting on the file upload, I have no Idea how long it will take.

It took a week to approve the page.

If anyone is keen to at least test and proof a pre release copy GM me an email address and, If VASSAL have not approved the File by Sunday, I will email test copies out.

Remember I am in Africa so there could be several hours turn around on emails if you are East or West of me

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it is available now
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Commands_%26_Colors_...

however, I couldn't get the Player hands to open, even if I changed position, and also I tried starting a new game from scratch and the hands weren't available then either. Just greyed out no matter what I did.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
I couldn't get the Player hands to open, even if I changed position...

I also noticed that after I uploaded.
It slipped through as I have only tested in Solitair mode so far.
It was working a few iterations back so I will need to examine the code and see what changed.

Thanks for the feedback,
Cheers
Chris

Edit: Problem located and fixed.
I will hold off posting a new version until I have Identified and fixed the inevitable list of bugs I will receive in the next couple of days
Have at it all, let's get them bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CCT bug report

- no orders function (designate ordered units)
- no charts
- Clear doesn't remove Moved indicator, have to use separate Green Arrow button (maybe not a bug)
- leaders don't get marked MOVED, but do leave trail
- also, the leader Star is meh, the block graphic looks better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
CCT bug report

Thanks Mark

Quote:
- no orders function (designate ordered units)

Point Taken will add function

Quote:
- no charts

No there aren't - If any turn up I will gladly add them, for now the Rule Book will have to suffice.

Quote:
- Clear doesn't remove Moved indicator, have to use separate Green Arrow button (maybe not a bug)

Clear is giving me problems so as it stands Clear removes Markers, the Blank Die clears the Dice Tray and the Arrow removes all Move indicators and trails.

Quote:
- leaders don't get marked MOVED, but do leave trail

that helps show that the Leader but not the, possibly, attached unit moved.

Quote:
- also, the leader Star is meh, the block graphic looks better

Personal Preference but in testing both this and the early Napoleonics modules, the Star works better as it can attach without obscuring the underlying counter and ties in with the Scenario Presentation Style, which allows the VASSAL Module to double as a Scenario Creation tool.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback,

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caroper wrote:

Quote:
- no charts

No there aren't - If any turn up I will gladly add them, for now the Rule Book will have to suffice.

Chart images 3709781 & 3709779
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3709781/commands-colors-tric...

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3709779/commands-colors-tric...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark has listed everything I've found so far. Not being able to access the hands restricts things for actually testing.

Definitely need the Orders function.

It would be great if the CLEAR button removed the movement trails.

I love that you put the dice in the menubar rather than in the dice tray. It is a constant pain in my side to be playing CCN, roll the dice, quickly type a comment, and then yet again remember that I have to first click on the comment bar or the map before I can type a comment in that module. Happily, going to way you have with the dice in the menubar (a bit like CCA), when one rolls the dice one can immediately start typing comments without having to click somewhere special to return the cursor from the tray to the chatline.

Not sure how I feel about the leader stars. I think I could get used to it. But I have no problem manipulating leaders in other CC modules.

This is great, I can't wait to get playing PBEM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have uploaded a new version Tricorne.1.0.beta it should overwrite the initial, broken, version and is currently awaiting moderation.

Player Selection and Private Hand windows now work.

Quote:
no orders function (designate ordered units)
- Fixed Ctrl-O orders unit.

Quote:
Clear doesn't remove Moved indicator
- Fixed, Clear Button now Clears all markers, Movement trails and ends turn. (Clear Dice is still a seperate button by design.

Quote:
leaders don't get marked MOVED
Fixed, sort of, Leaders may now be ordered and will show ordered state if moved.

Leader names may now be changed with Ctrl-N function (was Ctrl-L - Not intuitive)

Scenarios have all been updated to use the new counter definitions, fix minor OOB errors, add Temporary Victory Markers and Label some terrain features.

Keep an eye on http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Commands_%26_Colors_... - New version will be named Tricorne.1.0.beta.vmod and dated as 2018/01/16 - or drop me a Geek Mail if you would like a copy via email.

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beta version is up now.

A few preliminary comments

Cntrl-N for units is No Battle. So if you have a leader stacked with a unit that you mark as no battle (e.g. artillery that moved, Light that moved 2), then you also get the Leader label opening.

When cards are moved into the hand, they stay face down and have to be manually flipped. Not the end of the world, but works differently to CCN, CCA

I should be online around 1000 GMT if anyone wants a test game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
Beta version is up now.

Thanks Mark,

Quote:
Ctrl-N for units is No Battle. So if you have a leader stacked with a unit that you mark as no battle (e.g. artillery that moved, Light that moved 2), then you also get the Leader label opening.

Good catch, I only envisaged changing the label on scenario creation and forgot about stacked effects. Will revert it to Ctrl-L in next iteration.

Quote:
When cards are moved into the hand, they stay face down and have to be manually flipped. Not the end of the world, but works differently to CCN, CCA

That was to prevent them being visible when played to the map for the scout option. Take two, peek, choose one discard one. I think in Battle Cry and others it is face down. Will give it some thought and see what others think.

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
has anyone been able to test the module online? I haven't had any luck trying to connect to players online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm managed to play a few games online, and watch one as well.

Firstly, there is nothing broken in the module I could find, and the following is a list of minor things that I found odd;

1. Clear Button- doesn't state End Turn like CCA or CCN. So players like me end up looking for that.

2. There is a message that comes up each move
e.g.
* Continental Regular Infantry (Strength=4) moves PlayTable -> PlayTable *
Can this be turned off?

3. When cards are played, the message is somewhat opaque
e.g.
* cmd60 moves offboard -> PlayTable *
Be better if it stated "British Player plays Bayonet Charge"

4. In the scenario setups, the digit of Command and Battle cards is at the front, and therefore appears on the card. Can be solved by shift select and then down arrow, but that also decreases the number. Minor problem indeed.

5. No charts. Be good if a button could include them.

6. Cntrl-N renames the leaders, please use Cntrl-L

7. Leaders - each player commented they like the block over Star. The precedents of CCA and CCN here.

8. The dice display starts from 5th space, and expands out. So the visual display doesn't match the dice report. If the visual display could run Left to Right that would correspond to the report. Very occasionally this matters if too many dice are rolled, by mis-click or miscalculation.

Hoping we can move onto a new update for VASSAL tournament purposes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taking expressions of interest in an online VASSAL tournament here
http://www.commandsandcolors.net/tricorne/forum-main/general...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the look of this module so far.

When you draw your cards, they go into your hand face down. It would be great if they went into your hand face up. To flip them, you use ctrl-M. In most modules I've used, that's usually the more mnemonic ctrl-F (I don't know if you're using ctrl-F for something else).

I agree with Mark that any messages about things moving anywhere "to playtable" don't have much value.

But I love the layout and look and so far I'm getting used to the stars for leaders (though I agree that it seems to break with the C+C system in that respect).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Wondering if you are intending on finalising the Beta version?
Been fiddling around in the module, and by trial and error I've managed to turn off the move reports, and add a message to the Clear Orders Action. Also go the cards to flip as they enter the hands.

Still fiddling with leader Label (Cntrl-L rather than Cntrl-N)
Cards don't report anymore, which is mostly OK, though I'd like to have them report as they come onto the map

Just hoping you have time to do a better job, rather than me fiddling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so I've had a fiddle, and some able assistance from Guilio, and vers 1.2 is now up on VASSAL.
http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Module...

still not entirely happy with it,
- the leaders are still stars
- the discard deck is drawing back a random card, not the top card.

However, it seems to run a bit smoother and more like C&C Napoleonics and Ancients modules.

Any feedback or assistance appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.