Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Today I played the dragon attacks village scenario for the second time. It went pretty much like the first time, meaning that the dragon was forced to flee after a couple of hero turns, three to be specific (at least all three heroes got to participate until the scensrio was over!). The scenario is problematic as it literally takes longer to setup than to play in a game which has a fast setup!

The problem is that the heroes can plop up the dragon nearby and they have to do 14 points of damage to it to win the scenario. This time I did it with first casting True Strike on all heroes (advantage for all), then overchanneled Disintegrate (5 dmg), a strike with Claws of the Umber Hulk with one damage token (4 hp) and finally Colossus Slayer beefed up with the ranger's Favored Enemy (5 hp). Last time I did it with the fighter and the rogue, so it is not about the heroes used,it is just that instead of grinding through multiple tiles to get to the boss battle, this scensrio starts and ends with the boss battle.

So has anyone fixed this scenario with house rules? One obvious thing to do would be to play until the dragon has been banished and all the villagers are either dead or rescued, but I think that the scenario would still be quite easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't play this one in months so I may be missing something here, but isn't the true challenge to save the highest number of villagers instead of simply surviving the scenario?

because, if yes, I remember that I usually don't fare very well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you want to have the "best ending", you have to rescue 5 villagers. It is completely optional though and IMO a quite gamey target. Why wouldn't the villagers be saved after the dragon has been dealt with. But you are right, you can up the difficulty by first trying to rescue 5 villagers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.