Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Looting items from Treasure boxes do they go to shop or character rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Wilson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi I was wondering about the rules of Looting items from Treasure boxes do they go to shop or the character I don’t know if named items rules are different from the random blue back item cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At your service!
badge
When in Rome...
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, so there are actually two kinds of item rewards, items and item designs. When a character loots an item, you get a copy of that (unless you already have one, then you'll immediately sell the new item to the store). When a character loots an item design, you take all copies of that card and put them into the store. The blue items are random item designs, they act just like normal item designs, but you'll pick them randomly. Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thinsilver wrote:
The blue items are random item designs, they act just like normal item designs, but you'll pick them randomly. Hope this helps.

specifically, some treasure chests call specifically for "random item design", in which case you'd grab the deck of blue-backed item cards (there are 25 at the start of the game), shuffle them up and randomly pick one.

Then you'd take that card, along with the matching item number card from the big red item deck (I believe all 25 of the blue random item design cards say "1 of 2", if I'm wrong, then you would grab all copies of the matching item number from the red deck), and add both/all copies (both red and blue) of that item into the town store.

Other treasure chests will give a "design" of one specifically named item, in which case you would go through the red item deck, find all copies of that item (they should be all together if that red item deck is still in sequential order) and add them to the town store.

If the treasure prize calls for either type of "design", then the character that looted the chest doesn't actually receive anything themselves, other than the satisfaction of bettering their town. I suppose the character who looted the design could call "dibs" on being able to buy a copy of the item when the party next goes to town, but that is for the party to decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Roaas
Norway
Kongsberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And - when you get an item design as a reward (random or otherwise), all copies of the item go the city supply, while if you receive an item, the character receives only a single copy of the item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.