Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Retreating into a battle token. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says I should retreat into adjacent controlled region, what if that region has a battle token? can my units retreat there and take part in the battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Nope. Unless something specifically tells you that it is possible, you cannot affect a battle region in any way.
So your guys are sent off back to your reserve. I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandizzle wrote:
Nope. Unless something specifically tells you that it is possible, you cannot affect a battle region in any way.

Well, that's fine... is it in any FAQ? The rulebook only says controlled. (I love Portal games but I really hate their rulebooks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
_lo-ol_
mbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Brandizzle wrote:

Well, that's fine... is it in any FAQ? The rulebook only says controlled. (I love Portal games but I really hate their rulebooks)

Battle Regions cannot be affected/targetted/etc.... Unless specifically stated by a card/action/building/etc.

This can be found in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Brandizzle wrote:

A battle region is not a controlled region, it may have a control marker in it, but it is a battle region until the battle is resolved.

You cannot retreat into a battle region, even if you have a control marker present in that region.

If you do not have a valid region to retreat to you must return the minis to your reserves.

Pg. 11, sub-heading F. wrote:
The surviving Units of the player who lost the Region Control Objective must move to an adjacent non- Battle Region under the retreating player’s Control. If there are no such Regions, the Units are returned to their owner’s Reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
does human default skill give them points for battle regions with human control token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MVashM wrote:
does human default skill give them points for battle regions with human control token?

I see where you are going with this.

Yes, a Battle Region with a control marker can be scored by Occupation. As the region is "controlled" by the Humans until the battle is resolved. And scoring a "controlled" Battle Region does not change or otherwise affect the composition of the Battle Region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm a little late to the discussion here .... but, at least in the English rulebook, it does make clear that you cannot retreat into a battle region. The translation in other languages may not have made that clear.

On page 8, under 'Important Battle Region Rules', 2nd bullet point:

"No further Units from any player may enter any Region with a Battle token."

On page 11, under 'F. Retreat With Units':

"The surviving Units of the player who lost the Region Control Objective must move to an adjacent non-Battle Region under the retreating player’s Control. If there are no such Regions, the Units are returned to their owner’s Reserve."

And then the FAQ:

"BATTLE REGIONS
Unless explicitly stated on a skill/card/structure/etc., Battle
Regions may not be affected. Treat them as “locked” for all
movement/tokens/etc."

The key is that battle regions cannot be affected, in that nothing can be changed, unless specifically stated so. Which leads to your other question about scoring a battle region with Occupation ... playing that card doesn't actually change the battle region, it's still considered a human controlled region (until another player has a token there)and would score accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.