Zulus on the Ramparts!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on Use of Hero Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harvey Dearden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having read a number of posts I believe I now understand that, unlike other cards in hand, a hero card must be already available on the tableau to do anything (other than support a committed action) during that turn's action phase - not in-hand, not committed, not just placed on the tableau that turn. (He may be able to do something in a later phase if he has a special action.) And that having just been placed on the tableau he cannot be returned in that action phase.

Hope I'm making sense and that this might help others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to be honest with you I am still confused on its simplicity the sequence of play. Ok I am having up to 5 cards in my hand and after a IButho phase I can perform one action only, confusion is coming when I want to play the hero. so making short put forth is an action so my hero would be move at the tableau. going forward on action phase after drawing a card, what kind of action that hero can do, the one described at the hero's card only? When can I draw back the hero card into my hand? Does it cost me an action?
If I am leaving the hero at the tableau at the next turn during my action phase my extra available action available would be construct the barricade and eventually form reserve platoon (only if I have 2 heroes at the tableau)?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mircea Pauca
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is a Hero can be put forth (use one Action) AND perform an Action in the same Action phase, if there is another source of Actions (like return Bromhead to hand, or the bonus action after the salvo 'Here they come').

If this is wrong, can you point to a source saying it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Renfrew
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The source is the rule book where it states only one action may be taken per turn, except under special circumstance. If you play a hero or group card from your hand that is an action. Unless their is a special reason that allows you to take further actions, that is the action for your turn.
During the hero phase you can put forth a hero or group card to the available tableau for no cost.
I hope this helps. Thank You.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Action Phase, 'Put Forth' is not free, it cost you your normal, single action for the turn, and that leader is now 'Available'.

Leaders have certain 'free' actions they can do once they are available, including firing their volley. These free actions are called Hero Abilities. The symbol next to the ability on the card says what phase these abilities can be played in, for example, Dalton's hero ability is useful only in the iMpi phase.

Hand --> Available --> free actions now can be used immediately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.