Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jack has even tried it with 3 Automas! I’d assume that 2p+2a would work too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works, no doubt.
But the interesting question is: does it make the game even better? Or 2p is as fine as 2P+automa?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

Do you need 3 Automa decks for that? If I split the one deck between 2 or 3 Automa factions, don't they run out of actions extremely quickly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You can use some cardstock to make flashcards and use them to refer to the actual decision cards or print out the file that was provided to print out more paper decks... during testing I suggested actually selling packs of Automa cards and a pack of cards with the other 7 factions, but they didn't think sales would be high enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hooliganj wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

Do you need 3 Automa decks for that? If I split the one deck between 2 or 3 Automa factions, don't they run out of actions extremely quickly?

I definitely recommend using separate decks per Automa. As you point out sharing causes problems with the number of actions and it undermines the deck development mechanic that makes the Automas develop a personality each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
hooliganj wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

I definitely recommend using separate decks per Automa. As you point out sharing causes problems with the number of actions and it undermines the deck development mechanic that makes the Automas develop a personality each game.

We uploaded a PDF with the Automa decision cards so that you can make mulitple decks: Automa (solo mode) rulebook and decision cards for Gaia Project
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
You can use some cardstock to make flashcards and use them to refer to the actual decision cards or print out the file that was provided to print out more paper decks... during testing I suggested actually selling packs of Automa cards and a pack of cards with the other 7 factions, but they didn't think sales would be high enough.

Yeah, Feuerland thinks that they don't have enough of a market to sell a sufficient number of such decks. The only publisher for whom it might be worthwhile is Z-Man who has the English rights.

I'd love to see extra packs of cards being available.

For Scythe we started selling some of our replacement stock after we were certain that we had more than enough to handle replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake G.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
You guys are so awesome with stuff like that! I mentioned in another thread that I had the Dutch version of the game, and asked if anyone had the English translation of the Automa faction cards, you guys very quickly uploaded the file. Brilliant stuff.

I'm going to print off another Automa deck soon Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

The sale would be pretty good I think. There are more solo players out there than we think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Link
Germany
Reutlingen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mb
http://gaia-project.hol.es/?s=66495&p=2&m=0&b=4

This helped me playing with more than one automa. Works fine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.