Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam O'Caoimh
Ireland
Model Farm Road
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played (and lost) Quest 1 and loved it so I went and downloaded all available quests and heroes.

But I don't understand the boss fight for Quest 3.

Can someone explain it to me?

It seems to me the only way to reduce the HP of the boss (which starts at 9 I presume) is to defend against an attack, and spend another dice.

There are 9 HP so I'd have to run 9 battles minimum. So does this mean I need to rest to reroll used dice?

And what are the number (1 & 2) Attack & Defense icons on the bottom left for?

They would suggest I have only 2 battles?

I really don't get it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Andrikopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can reduce the boss's HP by fighting his tentacles during your quest (and before reaching the final room). When you encounter a monster icon, you roll the dice to determine the strength of the tentacle that appears and after you defend from his attack (either successfully or not) you CAN discard on of your dice (either a 5 or a 6, depending on the tentacle strength) to inflict 1 damage to the boss.

So that means that by the time you reach the boss, he would have received some damage already and then you have two rounds to finish him off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use the same die that was used to defend with, to inflict the 1 damage (assuming it was 5 or 6)? Or does it have to be a different 5 or 6 die from your pool of active dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Jagodziński
Poland
Gostyń
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luckystreak wrote:
Can you use the same die that was used to defend with, to inflict the 1 damage (assuming it was 5 or 6)? Or does it have to be a different 5 or 6 die from your pool of active dice?

No, it must be different 5/6 die
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oof, brutal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Jagodziński
Poland
Gostyń
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I know, I lost many friends when I came up with this adventure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.