GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,024 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Catan: Cities & Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discplacing Knights + Longest Road rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan McDiarmid
msg tools
Can anyone reference the rules for a conclusive answer to the following scenario?
1. Player A has longest road (12)
2. Player B uses a knight to interrupt Player A’s road, decreasing count from 12 to 7. Since Player B has 8 roads, he takes longest road.
3. Player C builds 11 continuos roads, so he takes longest road for now. He builds two more roads.
4. Player B uses a knight to interrupt Player C’s road, decreasing count from 13 to 11. Player B now has 12 roads, so he takes longest road.
5. Player A uses a knight to displace player B’s knight, so his road is no longer interrupted.
6. Since they both have 12 continuos roads, and Player A had 12 first, does he get longest road back!? Or since longest road has passed through two new owners, does Player B keep it??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find the answer here: https://www.catan.com/faqs/93?page=1

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan McDiarmid
msg tools
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I went through all 6 pages of rules, and I do not believe the scenario I described is addressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rothfuss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the relevant part in the FAQ is this
Quote:

Longest Road - What happens if a player builds a continuous road that has the same length as the road belonging to the owner of the Longest Road card?

The card stays with its current owner

Longest Road - What happens if the Longest Road is interrupted?

If the player who up to this point had the Longest Road still meets the requirements for the Longest Road (either alone or together with another player), he keeps the card.

I know your situation is a bit different, but the rule is whoever currently has it keeps it. It does not matter how the convoluted the situation it that made player A and B tie, player B is currently in possession of the Longest Road card so player B keeps it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewrothfuss wrote:

I know your situation is a bit different, but the rule is whoever currently has it keeps it. It does not matter how the convoluted the situation it that made player A and B tie, player B is currently in possession of the Longest Road card so player B keeps it.

Andrew is correct. It really is that simple. But it is hard luck to be Player A in your setup!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.