Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are not familiar with Marvel Legacy, it's a wide-ranging attempt to return to the fore a number of old characters, which are involved either in new teams or in new storylines. Champions is one of the titles of this initiative and Marvel seems to be pretty dedicated to promoting Legacy. A popular mobile game, Marvel Future Fight, is going to be updated with a number of characters from Marvel Legacy, for instance. It would be awesome to see a Marvel Legacy big box expansion, as far as I am concerned. Potential hero list (which would fill in a lot of gaps):

1. Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
2. Hellstorm
3. Satana
4. Blade
5. Punisher (War Machine Armor)
6. America Chavez
7. Jessica Jones
8. Darkstar
9. Wonder Man
10. Scarlet Witch
11. Kraven
12. Medusa
13. Black Bolt
14. Kid Kaiju

What do you think? Is it possible to get a Marvel Legacy big box instead of an Infinity War one?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
None of those characters are in the original Champions line-up, and my gut feeling is that none of them are in the current one. I thought the (new) Champions were Cholk, Kamarvel, Spider-Miles, Silk and some other rebooted Avengers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We are getting a Champions expansion in February. This is speculation about a potential future expansion. We already know the line up from Champions: Gwenpool, Nova, Totally Awesome Hulk, Ms Marvel and Viv Vision.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
For those who are not familiar with Marvel Legacy, it's a wide-ranging attempt to return to the fore a number of old characters, which are involved either in new teams or in new storylines. Champions is one of the titles of this initiative and Marvel seems to be pretty dedicated to promoting Legacy. A popular mobile game, Marvel Future Fight, is going to be updated with a number of characters from Marvel Legacy, for instance. It would be awesome to see a Marvel Legacy big box expansion, as far as I am concerned. Potential hero list (which would fill in a lot of gaps):

1. Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
2. Hellstorm
3. Satana
4. Blade
5. Punisher (War Machine Armor)
6. America Chavez
7. Jessica Jones
8. Darkstar
9. Wonder Man
10. Scarlet Witch
11. Kraven
12. Medusa
13. Black Bolt
14. Kid Kaiju

What do you think? Is it possible to get a Marvel Legacy big box instead of an Infinity War one?


I for one would love to see a Legacy box set that celebrates the old and new generations of heroes. I could see this in either Divided cards (ie, Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel, Amazing Spider-Man/Ultimate Spider-Man, etc.) or including several of these heroes with a Legacy keyword that enhances their abilities when played together (ie, Thor Odinson and Thor Foster sharing a Legacy keyword that makes them more powerful together). The main problem with this is that it repeats several heroes without necessarily introducing new ones like your suggestion did.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Albertson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
None of those characters are in the original Champions line-up, and my gut feeling is that none of them are in the current one. I thought the (new) Champions were Cholk, Kamarvel, Spider-Miles, Silk and some other rebooted Avengers.


The only non-Champions comic member in the set is Gwenpool, and she was at least a guest member of the team for an issue.

Conversely, Miles Spider-Man and Time-Displaced Cyclops are the only two Champions members from the book that are NOT in the set.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We are getting a Champions expansion in February. This is speculation about a potential future expansion. We already know the line up from Champions: Gwenpool, Nova, Totally Awesome Hulk, Ms Marvel and Viv Vision.


DarthPinkHippo wrote:


The only non-Champions comic member in the set is Gwenpool, and she was at least a guest member of the team for an issue.

Conversely, Miles Spider-Man and Time-Displaced Cyclops are the only two Champions members from the book that are NOT in the set.


I'm referring to the characters of Adelin's list. I don't see a single name I recognize from the Champions incarnations I know, and to my knowledge, the current Champions lineup doesn't contain any characters older than 10ish years.

In less words: I don't understand how the Champions expansion is linked to the Legacy project.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://marvel.com/legacy

Champions is one of the Legacy titles. Since we already have a confirmed Champions expansion, I thought it could be a sign that we're going to get a Legacy big box (which of course that would not include the Champions, as they would already be in the game).

2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link.

It's still kind of weird, since none of the champions are Legacy characters. I guess they threw them in for promotional reasons.

Legacy seems too generic fotm to be picked up as a set for Legendary. I'd expect them to aim for a hot liscence, like Runaways or New Mutants (if either of those land well).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Frederic Engelmann
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope for either a Secret Empire expansion or a Avengers Assemble expansion to finally get Ant-Man, Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and a full bunch of new villains (because what I am really missing is more variety through villains and henchmen). That is the reason I think X-Men was the best expansion so far.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see a Legacy big box that is an homage (in art style) to years past, with lots of "classic" look cards (classic really meaning Bronze Age in comics terms). This would echo the marketing sensibility of all those variant lenticular covers they did these past few months.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lorion42 wrote:
I hope for either a Secret Empire expansion or a Avengers Assemble expansion to finally get Ant-Man, Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and a full bunch of new villains (because what I am really missing is more variety through villains and henchmen). That is the reason I think X-Men was the best expansion so far.

I was a big fan of Secret Empire, and I'd love to see heroes and villains from that story. Captain America, Supreme Hydra! Superior Octopus! Scarlet Witch! Ant-Man! Tons of potential in that story.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Tran
msg tools
TyrellArcher wrote:
I was a big fan of Secret Empire, and I'd love to see heroes and villains from that story. Captain America, Supreme Hydra! Superior Octopus! Scarlet Witch! Ant-Man! Tons of potential in that story.


Villians small box maybe? Remember Villians guys? *crickets*
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falco Timmerman
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
lorion42 wrote:
...and a full bunch of new villains (because what I am really missing is more variety through villains and henchmen). That is the reason I think X-Men was the best expansion so far.


So much this! Originally I thought the Legendary Villains set was just a whole bunch of extra masterminds and villains and honestly initially I was quite disappointed to learn that this wasn't the case. Still love the set though, but if there'd be a small box (or even a big box) at some time just featuring tons more masterminds and villains I would be so much on board.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't Champions the opposite of what they are trying to do with Marvel Legacy? Legacy is a relaunch using all of the old characters, right?

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing some of the stuff for Legacy. Dark Hawk anyone? However a lot of it would cover what we already have.

It's not a bad guess since most of the big boxes are based off a major crossover event. I would think that Secret Empire might be more likely, however it could incorporate Marvel Legacy as well since that's what led into it.

It would still have the problem of a lot of duplicates though. Either way, let's see some new Avengers!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.