Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Camera asset rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grzegorz Kępa
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Suppose that the mystery let U spend 2 clues in the encounter phase to put an eldritch token on that mystery. If u have 1 clue and the camera asset is it enough to fulfill the task ?

Camera asset - once per round when U spend a clue U may gain 1 clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as you have written it - no.

If you were able to "gain" a clue every time you "spend" a clue, you would create an endless loop as you have it.

You spend a clue on the mystery, gain another because of the Camera Asset, then next round you could spend that clue on the mystery, and gain another, and so on. But a whole round must go by first, and it's unlikely that you would be in a position to spend your entire turn just cycling clues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kępa
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor, either U missunderstood my question or I missunderstood Your answer (not sure which one). As far as I understand such situations I have to spend 2 clues in a one fixed encounter phase to put the eldritch token on that mystery (cannot split it in 2 turns). I think my question was simpler. Just can i use in the same encounter phase the clue I got and the one created after by the camera (or such an operation is illegal cause I have to spend 2 of them in the exact same moment and camera create a second clue after i spend first).

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RavenWro wrote:
Just can i use in the same encounter phase the clue I got and the one created after by the camera (or such an operation is illegal cause I have to spend 2 of them in the exact same moment and camera create a second clue after i spend first).

No, you can't do that. In your example you cannot spend the first Clue because you want to use it for a purpose which requires two Clues. To pay a cost, you must have all of the resources available, and that is not the case in your situation: you have 1 Clue but need 2. You don't gain the Clue from the Camera until after you have spent the Clue which triggers the Camera. You cannot pay a "partial cost" to trigger that effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
RavenWro wrote:
Just can i use in the same encounter phase the clue I got and the one created after by the camera (or such an operation is illegal cause I have to spend 2 of them in the exact same moment and camera create a second clue after i spend first).

No, you can't do that. In your example you cannot spend the first Clue because you want to use it for a purpose which requires two Clues. To pay a cost, you must have all of the resources available, and that is not the case in your situation: you have 1 Clue but need 2. You don't gain the Clue from the Camera until after you have spent the Clue which triggers the Camera. You cannot pay a "partial cost" to trigger that effect.

This is what I meant. Sorry if my answer was a little confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurelian
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's interesting to compare the Camera with Norman Withers' passive ability or the Tome of Secrets. In both of those cases you could be spending a clue without having the full number to pay for the effect. If spending clues is similar to the way that doom advances (always in single steps, even when advancing several spaces) it might be possible.

Could be worth querying with FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.