Pandemic: Rising Tide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hand limit timing question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be obvious for those who are experienced in Pandemic, but I'm not, so here goes...
If I've got 7 cards in my hand, can I receive a card and then immediately use that card to build a hydraulic structure? Or would I have to discard a card first?

What if I want to use the card for something else like building a pumping station? Can I receive the card and immediately use it or do I have to discard a card first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have more than 7 cards in hand, you have to discard immediately (or play an event).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count of Tuscany
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Building a hydraulic structure/pumping station/port is regarded as taking an action and it is only allowed to do actions during your own turn.
Some of the events read that they can be played at any moment, so I'll play them at any moment, but in these cases this is explicitly stated at the bottom of the card.

Also the rulebook reads that if at any point you have >7 cards, you have to discard down to 7.

Too bad if you have to discard cards. Hope you have the white guy on your team to dig up the discarded card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.