Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i haven't managed to play DD yet, but while watching playthrough videos[1] it became clear that i simply lack the memory needed to be able to keep track of attribute modifiers from various sources (and i'm a bit surprised that no generic +1/-1 counters are included to track attribute changes). So...

i dug through my Man Cave and found these beauties:

which i bought back in the early 00s and have yet to actually use.

They seem to be ideal for keeping track of +1/-1 modifiers in DD - simply place a die on the affected/affecting card or attribute slot. The blank face can be used to mark "cards of note", for those times when you remember that "that card does something on occasion, but i've no idea what". Aaaannnddd they're a good color match.

[1] = the series by Josh H is long but helpful:

(Weird that BGG offers a custom link type for Youtube videos, but no link type for BGG Video pages (like they do for Images and File Pages).)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
i haven't managed to play DD yet, but while watching playthrough videos[1] it became clear that i simply lack the memory needed to be able to keep track of attribute modifiers from various sources (and i'm a bit surprised that no generic +1/-1 counters are included to track attribute changes). So...

need a -1? use an orange Danger Level 1 counter.

need a +1? use a green Town Level 1 counter.

I'd like to do yellow counters numbered 2-11 to fit over the stats on the characters sheets, but for the base game there are already A LOT of counters in there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat E. Cakes
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some yellow D12s should do the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patrickstockton wrote:
Some yellow D12s should do the job.

i'm not fond of dice which roll too easily, which basically means anything above a d8 (which i don't like because it flops over too easily).

The idea of using a Danger or Town token is excellent, though, and i feel like a moron for not having seen that option :/.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grendel's Mother
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The d12 is nothing if not steadfast and stalwart.

Perhaps you have a heavy hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzitzimime wrote:
The d12 is nothing if not steadfast and stalwart.

Perhaps you have a heavy hand.

An unstable table on the shaky 2nd floor of a 294-year-old house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.