Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7W Duel, especially together with Pantheon is the fav 2P game of ours with my wife. However, bearing in mind the mindblowing plethora of 'untapped' Gods in the respective mythologies, this game begs for an expansion (that would be an expansion expansion, actually... ).

Those God decks are pretty thin at 3... Just sayin'. whistle

PS: I'm not unsatiable, I could do with a micro one (+ one God each)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bendik Ferkingstad
Norway
Ås
flag msg tools
Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
badge
"I... am abomination."
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a new mythology entirely? For example Norse mythology. They could use just about anyone: Odin, Tor (Thor), Frøya, Loke (Loki), etc. Same could go for Slavic mythology, or any other mythology for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bdeink wrote:
How about a new mythology entirely? For example Norse mythology. They could use just about anyone: Odin, Tor (Thor), Frøya, Loke (Loki), etc. Same could go for Slavic mythology, or any other mythology for that matter.

Yeah, Norse gods would rock, down with that Mediterranean god-chauvinism already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Goranov
msg tools
Perhaps some "anniversary card packs" with extra gods/wonders like we got for Cities/Rulers?

There are a plethora of ancient pantheons to choose from: Scandinavian/Germanic, Celtic, late classical (like Sol Invictus), even a dabbling with the far east (Chinese, Mesoamerican, Asian nomadic etc.)

Alternatively, a proper expansion could just add more choices and variety. For example, a Titans / Fates expansion where you have a separate mini board with 4 randomly placed Titans that you can buy the favor of with resources only (not gold). Or the Fates, allowing you to buy a favourable "good luck" card for your city or gamble on a "good or bad luck" card if you can't buy one. Things of this sort.

Adding Leaders to Duel would also work pretty well IMO, but they could be near mythical figures like Achiles, Gilgameshe etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.