Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my case the Squad "A" was set up at max LOS 2 cards away.
Guess it will engage normally on next game turn, with no movement.

But if it was adjacent - will the unit always move? Failing the infiltrate test, mark it exposed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Erick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He has to infiltrate, even at 2 cards away. It's written on the first page of Briefing Booklet 1. The makes an attenpt : failed, he is marked as exposed after moving. If it's ok, he moved without being exposed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Erick wrote:
He has to infiltrate, even at 2 cards away. It's written on the first page of Briefing Booklet 1. The makes an attenpt : failed, he is marked as exposed after moving. If it's ok, he moved without being exposed.

Then I see no reason to place it at max LOS.

Why not place it directly on activated card. Check for infiltration, and eventually mark it exposed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
Lord Erick wrote:

Why not place it directly on activated card. Check for infiltration, and eventually mark it exposed?

I think this encounter is supossed to represent that you "surprise" the enemy (with a chance to catch them exposed) instead the more usual "the enemy surprise you" (like almost all of them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vica8081 wrote:
eker wrote:
Lord Erick wrote:

I think this encounter is supossed to represent that you "surprise" the enemy (with a chance to catch them exposed) instead the more usual "the enemy surprise you" (like almost all of them)

Make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Enemy Activity Check:
" Have the Attempt to infiltrate, if conditions are met. If not advance straight ahead.

(Definition straight ahead= move towards US units)

Maybe this procedure can be used in package 15 placement too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGUSTI BARRIO RUIZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Remember that MAX LOS is always depending of the weapon range of the enemy trying to infiltrate. If the enemy unit has C range then you cannot place it two cards away, regardless if the first card has white borders.

If the enemy unit has L range then your example is ok (if the first card has white border and the LOS can go through). The infiltration attemp always follows the package placement table, of course.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly what is your question here, btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haplo_Patryn wrote:
Remember that MAX LOS is always depending of the weapon range of the enemy trying to infiltrate. If the enemy unit has C range then you cannot place it two cards away, regardless if the first card has white borders.

If the enemy unit has L range then your example is ok (if the first card has white border and the LOS can go through). The infiltration attemp always follows the package placement table, of course.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly what is your question here, btw.

1. Actual case:
Package placed at max LOS (2 cards away)
The package must try to infiltrate US unit, but there is no adjacent US unit. What to do?

2. General discussion:
Package placed adjacent to US unit.
a. Does enemy unit move to US unit - with an infiltrate attempt?
b. or must the US unit do an infiltrate attempt on enemy unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By coincidence I am watching a replay with this package entering play.

The solution is simple:
Place on card at max LOS with or without exposed marker.
With no PDF.

Thinking too much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.