Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do I play Dodge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
- -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This card costs 1 Resource and I can’t put it into one of my slots. So…how do I use this card and when? I guess it is not possible to use this card during the enemy phase. Can I only use this card during my turn to defeat an attack of opportunity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Bunzel
Germany
Düsseldorf
North-Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card has the "fast" keyword, so you can play it in every player window and as a reaction. (which are listed in the Rules Refenrence Guide)
It does not count to one of your 3 actions (or 4 actions, if you have de Luca in play)
Just pay the 1 Ressource and deal the effect
Exactly like other Event cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is an Event, so unlike an Asset it isn't put into your play area. You pay the cost, something happens and then the card is discarded. In this case, it is a fast card, so you can use it anytime that matches the description on the card -- ie, anytime 'an enemy attacks an investigator at your location'.

For the record, non-fast Events still take one action to use, so pretty much are only done on your turn.

(There are precise rules about windows of opportunity for using all the different cards, but mostly you don't have to worry about that. Basically play it as described in the text and it'll work out.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.