4 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: card result clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wynther Knight
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 8 of the How To Play rulebook under Card Results, one of the results is Add #.

Quote:
add #: Retrieve the card indicated by the # from the card
library. Then, take a number of cards equal to the number
of players from the top of the deck matching the retrieved
card's back. Finally, shuffle all the cards together and
place them on top of the matching deck.

So the card library is composed of numbered encounter cards, I assume that the
Quote:
Then, take a number of cards equal to the number
of players from the top of the deck matching the retrieved
card's back.
is also pertaining to the library card.

My question is the 3rd sentence
Quote:
Finally, shuffle all the cards together and place them on top of the matching deck.
Are the cards to be shullfed the card we took form the library plus the drawn card equal to the number of players? Which deck do we place them on to? The library deck or the created encounter deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you add a new card, check the back of it. It will usually belong to one of the two standard encounter decks (settlements or wastelands), so that's where you want to add it to.

For example, to add a card to the settlement deck in a two player game, take the top two cards of the current settlement deck, shuffle those with the new addition, and put the three cards back on top. Now you're not sure how far into the deck you will have to go to get the new encounter.

Sometime you have to add a vault encounter instead. If you don't already have a vault deck (of the right number -- there are two separate vaults), just make a new deck with the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynther Knight
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashamel wrote:
Whenever you add a new card, check the back of it. It will usually belong to one of the two standard encounter decks (settlements or wastelands), so that's where you want to add it to.

For example, to add a card to the settlement deck in a two player game, take the top two cards of the current settlement deck, shuffle those with the new addition, and put the three cards back on top. Now you're not sure how far into the deck you will have to go to get the new encounter.

Sometime you have to add a vault encounter instead. If you don't already have a vault deck (of the right number -- there are two separate vaults), just make a new deck with the card.

Hmm, I think i get it now. So the purpose of Add # as the result of a Quest card is to get the numbered card (settlement, wasteland or vault card) from the library deck and add it to the appropriate encounter deck on the table, but it will be placed randomly among the top few cards of that said deck (depending on the number of players), am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly right. When you are finished with the card (ie, you are told to trash it), just put it back in the library, which always remains in numerical order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.