Subject: Quest action, limited to once per turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Stevenson

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In both rule books, it is clearly stated that you can only take the encounter action once per turn.

But, it doesn't say the same thing about the quest action. So, I am assuming, it is possible to do the quest action twice if, on the odd chance, it becomes possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, if it doesn't say you can't do it, go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragedy Trousers
msg tools
mb
Page 3 of Reference book.

ACTIONS:
Each survivor performs two actions on his or her turn. An action allows a survivor to move, explore, encounter, fight, quest, camp, or any other action specified by a card.
A survivor can perform the same action more than once during his or her turn, except for the encounter action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
TragedyTrousers wrote:
Page 3 of Reference book.

ACTIONS:
Each survivor performs two actions on his or her turn. An action allows a survivor to move, explore, encounter, fight, quest, camp, or any other action specified by a card.
A survivor can perform the same action more than once during his or her turn, except for the encounter action.

I've been doing encounter actions twice if I had the actions. Oops. Have to fix that with this weekend game.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragedy Trousers
msg tools
mb
EasyPickens wrote:
I've been doing encounter actions twice if I had the actions. Oops. Have to fix that with this weekend game.

Thanks

Yeah, we did the same at first - we got several things wrong on our first game, due to some of the info only being in the How to Play book, and some of it being only in the Reference book. Monster spawning in particular is a bit messy:

1. How to Play book mentions that monsters don't respawn in a city where there's already a monster of that type, but this info isn't in the reference book. We missed this entirely.
2. Reference book mentions that you don't respawn any monsters that you encounter via cards, but this is not mentioned in the How to play book. We were respawning monsters from every encounter until we ran out of tokens and had to go back to the books.

Which means you really need to read both books fully to get the rules right - why not just have the one book?

We enjoyed our first game a lot and are looking forward to the next one, but getting the rules right for this game is harder than it needs to be, I can't help but feel. Game really should have included a decent cheat sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.