Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Hunt tests, you can PICK who makes them, but the majority of people who attempt the test must pass for the hunt to succeed?

So does that mean (assuming all players agree they want the hunt to succeed, of course) that you just pick the player with the highest PER to do the roll? Or, if there are three of you, and your skills are all better than 50/50, I presume you'd all attempt it? With two, you'd always just send one person doing it?

E.g. it seems this is something that can be easily optimised mathematically - is there something else here I'm missing?

And for Stealth tests, it says each adventurer MAY attempt a PER test, and if everyone passes, you increase the level by 1. Does that mean if someone chooses not to make the test, the stealth check has failed? Or is it just those who chose to make the test who must pass?

Pretty sure the intention here is everyone has to do the roll for this to work. But the wording of "each adventurer MAY..." gave it an optional feeling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
Phantomwhale wrote:
So Hunt tests, you can PICK who makes them, but the majority of people who attempt the test must pass for the hunt to succeed?

Yeah, that's the way I read it.

Phantomwhale wrote:
And for Stealth tests, it says each adventurer MAY attempt a PER test, and if everyone passes, you increase the level by 1. Does that mean if someone chooses not to make the test, the stealth check has failed?

Yeah, it says every member of the party must pass; if someone doesn't check, they don't pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I can see why the 'may' under the Stealth rule might be confusing. The option is there so you can stand out in the middle of the road & challenge your enemies while the rest of the party tries to hide, thus spoiling it for everybody. This might not ingratiate you with your friends though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.