United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm considering trying to buy the two fleet boxes which are somewhat available without having the main set which means that I won't have the board.

How large are its hexes? I might already have a board that would work...maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe these are "FASA/CGL standard" at 1.25" - but wait for other's to confirm, as I'm 95%, not 100%.

It's an awkward size to find printers for. Hotz Mats - at least a few years ago when I wanted to buy from them - only had 0.5" increments. I am sure there are printers online now who will do 1.25" if you look around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1.25" hex size quoted is correct. I believe that is the CGL standard, so any BattleTech map should be compatible. Initially in 2012 - 2014 I tried to find other maps with this size hex and gave up. Then experimented with a larger hex size 1.50" using HeroScape tiles and it was 'okay.' so I eventually took the maps from the Core Set to a Staples and photo-copied a bunch of sheets that I had to piece together and and glure to an 3' x 4' cork bulletin board. If you can print your own with the 1.25" hex grid, that would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Choong
United Kingdom
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought a Battletech Map Pack which was quite affordable, and the hexes match up with the Leviathans model bases really well. The only downside is that the basic maps are printed on sturdy folded paper, so they're not quite as classy as the hard mounted boards you get in the Leviathans Core set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Williams
United States
Middle River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little late to the thread here but I bought a Hotz “European Fields” mat at 1.5” hexes for this and its great. Can use it for some other games too, so, score!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.