Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm *finally* getting around to organizing and painting all the Black Plague items from the first Kickstarter. Most of the pile I have left to paint are those NPC characters. Looks like there's 4 of each model, but the pile seems at least as large as my pile of standard walkers *plus* runners.

Are there too many NPC figures? Should I weed them down to 2 or 3 of each model? They are supposed to be "special", right? I'm worried that in game-play, they'll outnumber the other figures.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Ocampo
Germany
Lemgo
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
does it really matter?
You only put 6 to 12 Characters on the board. They will never outnumber the zombiez.

Are all the characters from the kickstarter exklusive from the Guest boxes`?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RalMakadonia wrote:
does it really matter?
You only put 6 to 12 Characters on the board. They will never outnumber the zombiez.

a) I'm trying to reduce the storage footprint of this game (so I kept *some* extra zombie models from the KS, but not all of them)
b) I'm trying to reduce the amount of painting I have to do

I think these all came from the NPC-1 and NPC-2 boxes and the 3 KS exclusive figures. I don't have the pile in front of me, but online it looks like 40 plus 12 figures - 52 total?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Ocampo
Germany
Lemgo
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
hmmm
then i would try to reduce the hero's.
Maybe paint the cool ones first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fistful of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
binarysunrise wrote:
RalMakadonia wrote:
does it really matter?

a) I'm trying to reduce the storage footprint of this game (so I kept *some* extra zombie models from the KS, but not all of them)
b) I'm trying to reduce the amount of painting I have to do

I think these all came from the NPC-1 and NPC-2 boxes and the 3 KS exclusive figures. I don't have the pile in front of me, but online it looks like 40 plus 12 figures - 52 total?

5 sculpts in box 1
5 sculpts in box 2
3 KSE sculpts
13 sculpts

4 minis per sculpt
52 NPC minis.

Sounds like you have what you should

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RalMakadonia wrote:
hmmm
then i would try to reduce the hero's.
Maybe paint the cool ones first?

Hah. I already only have the heroes from the core boxes, and the Monty Python figures.

But yeah. 52 NPCs, and only 18 fatties. Guess I will cull some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on your play style and the composition of the zombie draw deck. I remember almost running out of NPCs once, but I think that was before getting the NPC2 box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ipreuss wrote:
It depends on your play style and the composition of the zombie draw deck. I remember almost running out of NPCs once, but I think that was before getting the NPC2 box.

Oh great, that's the info I need

And I imagine, if you were to put in all of the various zombie decks (deadeye, eventually orcs, etc.) the NPC cards will become less frequent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binarysunrise wrote:
ipreuss wrote:

Oh great, that's the info I need

And I imagine, if you were to put in all of the various zombie decks (deadeye, eventually orcs, etc.) the NPC cards will become less frequent?

Of course. Of course they also become more frequent if you decide to add the cards from *both* NPC sets.

Zombicide is very much a sandbox game. So the most reliable would probably be to play a few quests before deciding how many to paint.

Or you do it like me - just paint them all, anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thought: if you want them to be special, you probably should reduce the number of NPC spawn cards, anyway. But again, you will probably have to experiment a bit to find the right balance for yourself and/or your group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
Thats’s right, i have the 13 sculps and i had never run out of npc’s to trigger an extra activation. But i just use one NPC’s set of cards (12). Using both sets of cards would reduce the ratio of spawn of every other zombie a lot, even 12 cards do.

Keep in mind that 1 NPC box has 5 models and ask for one of each. Playing with 13 could be change to collect all 13 models to preserve the same effect. Collecting them would make the NPC’s pool run out faster. Imagine if 3 survivors have collected 10 figures each one, there would be just 22 to play, and they appear in groups of 6-8 at orange/red.

With 6 players, 1 survivor per player and all 52 NPC’s we play to collect 8 for a Vault Card. Works pretty well. There is a risk/benefit in collecting (extra activations/vault cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.