Hide
3 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: The hand - ghost step rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tasos Gamaoua
msg tools
Last showdown we fought The hand. A survivor got targeted and the ghost step caused him to roll on the brain trauma, the result was flee which caused him to suffer knockback away from the monster.i am now 4 spaces away from the monster.now,does the rest of the attack happen(the ai card was thunderbolt right with a standard attack profile) or he can't reach me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t have the card in front of me, but if there is no more movement after his Ghost Step I would say that the attack misses. I think that the strict interpretation of GS is that The Hand first moves and then the brain damage happens. This means that if the brain trauma causes knockback, and The Hands AI doesn’t have any more movement clauses, then he can’t perform his attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, any hit out of range automatically misses and the monsters are all supposed to be in melee range, unless otherwise stated in the monster description/S cards.

Both of these rules are in the rulebook/glossary somewhere (as usual, I indexed my 1.31 rulebook really nice to check these quickly, but I yet have to do that with the 1.5 one, so I can't really provide reference, apart from "check the book, it's all there").

In the AI cards, it is always explicitly stated "Perform Ghost Step. Attack target", so Ghost Step is resolved first. If you are so lucky to flee, you are safe from the attack.

Just remember that, since there is no flow between perform ghost step and attack target (otherwise you would be able to dash away once The Hand has reached you), Flee brain trauma is about the only way to avoid it (on top of my mind at least, but I think that's the case). Lucky you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.