Epic PvP: Magic» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Impressions of Epic PvP: Magic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got this kickstarter gem to add to my Epic PvP Fantasy and got a few games in with my fiance. The expansions adds more depth to the game with the Magic mechanic and they explored a lot of design space with the mechanic. Here's a report of our initial matchups.

Satyr Shaman
My fiance played this in all 4 of our games, wanting to master one race/class combination before trying others. She chose well, as this combo is pretty strong in gaining card advantage as well as punishing aggression while the Satyr is good at milling opponents and buffing his attacks when your opponent is "drunk"(Satyr Mechanic).

Djinn Battlemage
I wanted to try Djinn first, since changing into random forms sounds cool but in this combination my forms didn't do much to help me get in any attacks and the constant flurry of claw attacks from the Satyr Shaman drained my aggression before I could get some big attacks in.

Sporeling Seer
This one was a pretty close game down to the wire, with both players left with 1 life and could have won on their turn. The Sporeling is unique in that it shuffles 10 Sporeling cards into their OPPONENT's deck. When drawn and if your opponent plays it, you get bonuses to your moves. If they don't play it, you can punish them for holding to many in their hand with your race ability. The Sporeling's advantage here is healing itself and winning in the long game meshes well with the Seer that can get rid of strong cards from your opponent's hand.

Gorgon Necromancer
This combination was pretty bad, as the Necro does better with life gain or high life Races while the Gorgon has neither. The Necro can bring back low cost moves from the discard but the Gorgon is focused more on high attacks. Died pretty fast in this matchup as the combo didn't work.

Pixie Time Wizard
Now this is a pretty fun combo, perhaps the strongest we had so far despite the Pixie's low life value of 2. The Pixie has perhaps the best healing in the game, and a few ways of negating high attacks as well. Combined with the Time Wizard's ability to limited the Aggression of both player's every turn for a low cost of 1 Magic, you can try to snowball and win by attrition in the long game. It will be a long game though, if you try this and we both reshuffled twice in the match.

All in all, we ended with a solid 2-2 in our first session and look forward to try the game with other combinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.