Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It is still a bit early to create a dedicated page for this extension. I will do it in 3 or 4 months when the box artwork will be completed.

But a dedicated web page already exists on Cry Havoc Fan where you can check the progress of the game creation, especially the artwork for the various counters.

Montgisard is the name of a 1177 battle won by Baldwin IV, the Leper King and Reynald de Chatillon against Saladin against all odds. The game will be set in the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the late 12th century and will feature Templars and a lot of special characters like Reynald de Chatillon, Balian of Ibelin and of course the Leper King. It will basically be the missing link between Ager Sanguinis and the original Outremer game which was set during the 3d Crusade.

New morale rules will be added as Baldwin counter will obviously be very weak from a combat potential standpoint, but his sheer presence on the battle field will significantly boost the morale of his followers. The same will be true for holy relics like the True Cross (which will be represented as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely waiting for this!!!!!
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been this excited about Cry Havoc since the release of Guiscard! This is an extension for Cry Havoc I have dreamed of since watching the move The Kindom of Heaven!!!!!!!! Completely excited thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Baldwin IV, Balian of Ibelin and Reynald de Chatillon have recently been added!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Next addition: Raymond of Tripoli, Regent of the Kingdom and friend of Saladin.

In the movie Kingdom of Heaven, he was represented by Tiberias (Jeremy Irons). His name was changed as the producers felt that the first names Raymond and Reynald (de Chatillon) were too close and could generate confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Plymale
United States
Huddleston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried to make a purchase on the Cry Havoc Fan page because more is available there than anywhere else. I clicked on PayPal and it took me to the French page. When I changed to English it lost the link to Cry Havoc Fan. On the English PayPal what to I enter to pay Cry Havoc Fan? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Keith,
Sorry for the confusion. I will fix the PayPal issue shortly but am currently on the road and it won’t happen until the end of the month. Don’t worry about the PayPal option. It is just a notification for us, no actual connection with the PayPal website. which is kind of irrelevant in your case as this is the only option available for customers outside of France anyway. Just place your order on the site and we will send you a PayPal request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
After a one-month break due to an abundance of (real) work, I resume designing new characters. This knight fro, the King's retinue was not easy to come up with, but I'm pleased with the result!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
And now the foot version of the same knight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Additional characters on foot were created: Baldwin, 2 Templars:

And Raymond of Tripoli:

I also started to work on the double map of the famous Krak des Chevaliers (which I prefer to spell Crac as it looks more medieval...).

This map will replace the original map of the Templars Castle from Eurogames. I originally wanted to use the plan of the castle of Kerak, but it is not suitable for good gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
All nobles and Templars on foot are now completed:

Balian of Ibelin

Reynald of Chatillon

2 Templars

And 2 more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
A series of 5 Templar sergeants. They wore either black or brown garments, leaving the white ones to the brothers-in-arms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff Buxeria! Thanks for posting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Lots of new infantry characters created over the last few weeks:
The King's Guards

The city nobles

The light infantry

The crossbowmen

The archers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Krauel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope there will be enough counters for Saladins men. The disparity of army sizes was what plagued our Outremer games back in the day. There was an abundance of Franks from the previous games (Cry Havoc, Siege), but only the Muslims from the Outremer box. These were not nearly enough, for example, to assault the Templars Castle. Also, everyone who was not obviuosly Frankish was drafted into Saladins army, like the Turcopoles, who looked islamic enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The dedicated game page for Montgisard has now been created. Please continue the discussion about this game there. You will be able to discover the map of the famous Crac des Chevaliers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...
mbmbmbmbmb
You make a good point. In the event the Saladin's counter-mix isn't 'extra large' in the box, extra counter sheets are typically available for purchase, so one could 'solve' the problem that way (using a highlighter or some other means to mark duplicates so they can be differentiated from the counters in the original set).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.