Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My brother & I enjoy Cutthroat Caverns, but feel the game goes on a bit too long. We often only play 6 Rounds because of this (in addition that I don't like the "Bonus Pts." offered in the final 3 Rounds). One problem I see with that though is Characters will most likely die less often.

I was thinking of doubling the Creature's health in Encounter's (or using the 6-player Creature health in a 3-player game), & only playing 5 Rounds total in order to keep the difficulty scale but shorten the game length. Also, would I need to double the Damage a Creature would do during it's Attack for this to work?

* I heard there will be a revised edition of this game published soon. I feel the game should play less Rounds (& perhaps stronger Creatures), to keep playtime shorter (1 hr. max), which would make the game feel fresher (with so many Encounters!) be played more frequently!

Hope to hear a reply from Curt. Thank you in advance for your reply & your game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jake

There is an easy solution, one that we use for demos - or for games taking place in just a lunch break.

Adjust the maximum health of the players down, based on the number of creatures. We often do 5 creature games with 60 health. And 3 creature demo games with 50 health (but that is because we tend to demo with Boogens and they hit hard).

Hope this helps
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you ! This is something even I was struggling with. The game starts with a bang and then after 50 minutes , everyone is completely bored . I'm going to try this variation of keeping the health low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another question, when playing with the demo game's reduced starting health, if we're using the character abilities from Fresh Meat, should all players still start with 60 health, or maybe 60 health - ability costs?

*Update (Edit)*: I asked Curt this, & he said it sounded like an excellent solution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.