Subject: New player question about tech abilities. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hix
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My wife and I just got finished posing the "learning" game and it brought up an interesting question.

With the gunpowder tech it says you can spend any 2 resource to destroy a building. My wife, who had stockpiled several resources from huts and villages, was able to destroy a building every turn for 2 or e turns and would have been able to continue with her scouts on times with resource generators. This seemed oddly strong since it appear to mean either one city loses all buildings, or one city loses all production since it has to keep rebuilding the same building every turn. Are we understanding how that tech works correctly?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Korenth wrote:
My wife and I just got finished posing the "learning" game and it brought up an interesting question.

With the gunpowder tech it says you can spend any 2 resource to destroy a building. My wife, who had stockpiled several resources from huts and villages, was able to destroy a building every turn for 2 or e turns and would have been able to continue with her scouts on times with resource generators. This seemed oddly strong since it appear to mean either one city loses all buildings, or one city loses all production since it has to keep rebuilding the same building every turn. Are we understanding how that tech works correctly?

Thanks!

That sounds about right.

Note, however, that if your wife wanted to keep going, it would take TWO city actions every turn to harvest resources, so you would likely come out ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hix
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I figured out our mistake...we thought that the scouts auto generated the tokens (and culture for that matter), not just "adding the square as if it were a city outskirt".

Explains why we always had so much culture and resources to play with while still building every turn!

Thanks for making me go recheck the rules and understanding better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.