Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
under the BGG listings someone has it as "owned"? this hasn't even been published yet has it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kira Peavley
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishful thinking, perhaps? Most likely an accident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
- betatesters
- designers
- friends of the designers
- publishers

...or just someone who mistakenly marked the game as „owned“ instead of „wants to own“
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not a mistake. A lot of people just mark whatever they want. Someone who plans to buy it probably just marked it as owned already. I see it has ratings already too, so.

This stuff happens all the time. Best to just ignore it really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
Probably not a mistake. A lot of people just mark whatever they want. Someone who plans to buy it probably just marked it as owned already. I see it has ratings already too, so.

LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Burke (The Chubby Meeple)
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I see it has ratings already too, so.

I can’t speak to the person who has marked that they own the game already. Likely clicked by mistake, or someone who plans to purchase. However, a lot of the ratings are from people who have played it with us at conventions. We have several playtest groups across the world as well. Some of those folks are rating the game based on their experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
mbmbmbmbmb
And two people have it marked as Previously Owned. People probably don't feel an obligation to the community to make personal listings like this precisely accurate. It's a lot less disruptive than people who legitimately record their preferred player count in the Your Rating column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AS Mark said, we have shown this extensively to folks in the last 6 months. Essen, Gen Con, Grand Con, as well as events here in Indy (which is a gaming Mecca) and also parallel testing with Hervé and his group in France. We have been busy busy busy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correctoin, probably not a "mistake".

And still, marking "owned" and giving ratings like an owner is one of the reasons the BGG ratings are so useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I know I'm going to or have backed something I will usually mark is as owned. It makes collection management a bit easier in the long run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillW wrote:
Correctoin, probably not a "mistake".

And still, marking "owned" and giving ratings like an owner is one of the reasons the BGG ratings are so useless.

It's double-edged. There is a degree of interpretation to how most use the site. I love it. It's such an awesome resource. I mostly stopped looking at ratings a couple years back--on my own games, at least. Lots of 1's and 10's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
If I know I'm going to or have backed something I will usually mark is as owned. It makes collection management a bit easier in the long run.

Exactly this. If I back something, I dont wait until the game arrives to update my BGG profile, I do it right when I back the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
chbyer wrote:

Exactly this. If I back something, I dont wait until the game arrives to update my BGG profile, I do it right when I back the game.

Why not mark it as pre-ordered? That's what I do.

You don't own it 'till you own it. Shit happens. You may cancel your pledge later or the campaign flops or in rare cases the publisher never delivers the promised game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.