War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Action Dice- move leader/ move army rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the instructions it shows that when a character dice is rolled a leader can move with an army under the army days it says only move armies if there is a leader in the army on an army dice roll cannot leader then move without army also or can an army that has a leader only move with the character dice roll ? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to simplify the movement effect of dice for you:

An army is defined as all figures in a region, including Characters, Leaders elites and regulars

Character die: move any/all Companions (not currently in Fellowship) or Minions (collectively called Characters), or groups of Characters. OR Move (or attack with) a single army that includes a Leader and/or Character

Army die: move two separate armies. (army defined as above). OR Attack with a single army (again, defined as above).

Don't get it confused, Leaders/Characters are considered part of an army, thus can be used with either an army or char. die. But armies without a Character/Leader cannot use a Character die.

Another way to think of it, and army die can always move an army, despite its composition, but a Character die can only be used to move/attack with an army if a Character/Leader is present. Note also that when Saruman is in play, Isengard Elites count as Leaders for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any army can move with an army die, including one with a leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This example of play may help answer some questions you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think i got it not w thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.