Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Roby
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son who lives too far away for us to play together recently told me about this game. He thought I might enjoy it because I do love D&D. This is certainly intriguing because I would love to be able to play this type of game solo as I don’t really have time for much more.

I did notice that a recent stretch goal also included remote play. That would allow my son and I to play together. What is the status of remote play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It is in beta right now!

http://beta.expeditiongame.com

You'll need to each have cards and some other way to talk but it's a great foundation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Roby
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks. We’ve both downloaded the print and play cards to try out so maybe we can give this a try soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Newman
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter and I play a lot of games remotely. We just use Google Hangouts. Depending on the game, we may have more than one camera on one or both ends. For instance, I might use a webcam on my laptop to show the game board and my iPad on a tripod to show either myself or another game component. It depends on the game. Sometimes we have three cameras on one end. Some games need nothing more than FaceTime. We do make copies of various components as needed. I would think Expedition would be quite easy to play remotely. Especially if you both get a copy, you probably don’t need anything more than FaceTime. One person runs the app and reads everything. Either you can point a camera at the enemies you turn over, or just have the second person find the same card that the first person turned over.

Some of the games we play remotely include One Deck Dungeon, Mice & Mystics, Spirit Island, Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, Big Book of Madness, Ghost Stories, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Flash Point Fire Rescue, Legends of Andor, Legacy of Dragonholt, TIME Stories, Mansions of Madness, Eight Epics, and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Medema

Pittsburgh
PA
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That's wonderful that you're able to play so many games with your daughter remotely We'd love to get your feedback on the beta Remote Play experience! You can try it out at http://beta.expeditiongame.com in the "Tools" section
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.