Orléans: Trade & Intrigue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Definition of the word 'hire' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Tepfer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
In the Trade & Intrigue rules the word 'hire' is used in connection with our workers (scholars, farmers, knights, etc). However, that word is NOT used in the original or Invasion expansion.

I could see the word 'hire' meaning to get from supply (when you go to village or castle) or when you place from Market to go to work. We went with when you 'earn' from supply, but there was a desire for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
They're just different ways of saying "take them from the pile next to the track." I can understand your confusion, but that's the way it's supposed to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand : if I can't hire a knight during the current turn, does that mean I can't use the castle space? Or I can use the castle, but I advance on the castle track without getting 1x knight token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
kakuuuu wrote:
I don't understand : if I can't hire a knight during the current turn, does that mean I can't use the castle space? Or I can use the castle, but I advance on the castle track without getting 1x knight token?

Apart from events that say otherwise, you can only advance on the worker tracks when you can actually gain a worker. Likewise, you can only gain a worker when you can advance on the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:

Apart from events that say otherwise, you can only advance on the worker tracks when you can actually gain a worker. Likewise, you can only gain a worker when you can advance on the track.

Thank you my good sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.