Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I've read and seen about this game makes it look pretty interesting. Hard sci-fi, no negative interaction...so why isn't this getting more attention?

Is it just not that great?

Can anyone comment on how it plays with 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it hasn't been widely available until Renegade picked it up recently. And those points that make it interesting to you (and me ) may turn off a lot of people who are more into the laser-shooting sci-fi or just want more direct player interaction (which is fine, too, of course).

I liked it with 2p, there are fewer spots to claim so the board is tightened up a bit. Overall it's more of a puzzle on how you manage your finite amount of actions in the best way anyway, so I think it's great with two, as downtime is minimal. Will have to see how it holds up after repeat plays, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisada Ransibrahmanakul
Thailand
Bangkok
Khan Na Yao
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the game is good and fun to play. My major drawback is the Art. So old school and very unattractive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an efficiency puzzle, which not all people like. One of my recent favourites though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game quite a bit. I’ve played 3 or 4 times now I think (which is kinda a lot for me). It’s definitely an efficiency puzzle and it can feel a bit similar from game to game - so I don’t know how much longevity it will have for me or my game group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Lamberti
Italy
Savigliano
CN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great, but until Renegade made it available across the ocean a lot of people simply could not get a copy.

Also, the 'original' artwork is not super-attractive.

But the game is great, for sure. It's good with 2 but i prefer it with 3-4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 6 times. Good game, just has a lot to compete against. Will be playing it again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zark wrote:
Played 6 times. Good game, just has a lot to compete against. Will be playing it again

See that's where I'm confused, there are very few games that are essentially a 3x in space with a good grounding in real science. So where's the competition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Zark wrote:

See that's where I'm confused, there are very few games that are essentially a 3x in space with a good grounding in real science. So where's the competition?

I agree! There aren’t that many games that meet these parameters! Absolutely a huge reason why I enjoy this game! One competing game is Solarius Mission which is harder to acquire, longer to player, harder to teach. Buuuut I think it’s also a better game overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Zark wrote:

I don’t just play space games, there are lots of non space games it has to compete against, my group have probably acquired 30 or 40 new games since Kepler came out, Great Western Trail has had most plays in the last year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zark wrote:
JohnnyR wrote:
Zark wrote:

I don’t just play space games, there are lots of non space games it has to compete against, my group have probably acquired 30 or 40 new games since Kepler came out, Great Western Trail has had most plays in the last year

Ok, yeah it kinda goes without saying there are a lot of games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcanumTL ArcanumTL
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lambo89 wrote:
The game is great, but until Renegade made it available across the ocean a lot of people simply could not get a copy.

Also, the 'original' artwork is not super-attractive.

But the game is great, for sure. It's good with 2 but i prefer it with 3-4 players.

+1 - being hard to find until recently. I saw the original version which the artwork was not very good. But Renegade has really polished it up!

I just played my first game tonight and loved it - as others mentioned there is no fighting but there are potentially competing elements such as racing for ideal planets and tech tree bonuses.

I found that it plays very fast e.g. we had a 3 player game done in just over an hour so I looking forward to playing this again and again! Its a very nice puzzly optimization game where I liked the random planet tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.