Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that Heroes are OP. If played as units, they have strength comparable to many beasts but they don't count as 2 units and they don't cost any money; they totally fired beasts as units. If played for their abilities, those abilities are just as good as those on beasts but you pay nothing for them; again beasts are obsolete in comparison. If you never need to use them, you just get free victory points. The other ways to get victory points in the game require that you work for them in some way.

None of these cost you anything at all, so if you're playing draft and happen to pull most of the Heroes into your deck, you have an extremely strong advantage. This isn't even a strategic decision to focus on getting the heroes; it's a no-brainer.

I like the unusual abilities of the heroes, but I feel that there should be something to make them not the only cards that I want to draw.

I'm hoping that somebody here tells me that I'm missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the hand size limit? Heroes are great but often leave me with something of a dilemma - I don’t want to play them because I’m basically losing points from my hand, but I don’t want to keep them because they reduce how many other useful cards I can keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Heroes are great but often leave me with something of a dilemma - I don’t want to play them because I’m basically losing points from my hand, but I don’t want to keep them because they reduce how many other useful cards I can keep.

This is just deciding which great option you want to go with; they still overshadow all other cards in the game with their costs of zero, powerful combat values, and powerful abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hover Harder
badge
You hoverin'?
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't you argue that spirits are overpowered versus soldiers using this same logic?

If you are really concerned about balance consider using one of the drafting variants or just understand that both players have access to the same cards.

With any card game there is a certain amount of "luck of the draw". In this game, that is pretty much balanced out by all hero cards being approximately equal in strength and both players having access to all of those cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.