6 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beginner Question about Tutorial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Daniel
msg tools
Hi,

i am a beginner so sorry in advance, :-) for my newbie question but...

I tried to start the tutorial /first "mission" but i could not find out how to play if i have only two players ?

So are therealways 4 mechs playing ( controlled by 1-4 real people) or and is it an 1 to 1 relation.

-> So One PLayer one Mech but the one mech will have more cards ?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Pesta
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that each player controls 1 mech. But you draft 4 cards. So in a 2 player game, each mech will get 2 cards, in a 3 player game 2 mechs get 1 card and 1 mech gets 2 cards, and in a 4 player game each mech gets 1 card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alluvian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the scaling is that the amount of cards you draft every turn is always the same regardless of the number of players. Since all damage comes directly from the cards and not the mechs it works out pretty well.

Some missions may be harder or easier with different player counts as sometimes a mission will require coordination which can be easier with less and sometimes a defensive mission will be aided by having mechs that can defend 1 direction each, but they should be all doable at 2-4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game doesn’t support a single Mech, so if playing solo, you should choose to play as 2,3 or 4 Mechs and use the rules for that number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can divide the Mechs any way you want.
So for a 2 player game both 2 & 4 Mechs work well. (3 could also be possible with just 1 player controling 2 Mechs.

In theory 1 solo Mech is an option as well, picking 4 of the 5 cards per round, but that makes most Missions a hard (if not, impossible) puzzle.

Just try what gets you the most fun 😉

Enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rees
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pestaside wrote:
I believe that each player controls 1 mech. But you draft 4 cards. So in a 2 player game, each mech will get 2 cards, in a 3 player game 2 mechs get 1 card and 1 mech gets 2 cards, and in a 4 player game each mech gets 1 card.

This is correct. It's a very small section in the tutorial booklet that states that you always draft 4 cards, so in a two-player game each player drafts two cards each round

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.