Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Amiri OP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Is Amiri OP. With d12 +2 melee with a reveal a weapon bonus pretty much slays most stuff reliably. Where is the challenge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many barriers will give her problems. As will some monsters like the Satyr and Siren. And the further in you play, the more difficult the combat checks become.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played through the whole campaign with her and did not find her OP at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A d12 rolls a 1 just like any other die, so she can get wacked sometimes like anyone else. Though it is great that blessings add d12s.

Still, Amiri is going to want to bury a card in order to beat villains and even henchmen at higher AD levels. For that reason, some (many?) people who like this kind of character take Valeros instead. By shuffling every weapon he uses into his deck for extra dice, Valeros packs a similar punch with a lower health cost.

As said, Amiri struggles with some barriers, as well as some closing checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for all responses. Have to say I am enjoying this game very much with my 10 year old son after putting it into deep freeze for few years as other games came along. It really has a good flow and straightforward feel. I know some other games maybe have surpassed this in their mechanics but this game still does something great in its own way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be a big investment if you've already bought Runelords, but the Mummy's Mask set shows a significant improvement in design, IMHO. The rules for certain benefited with each installment & are now much more well-defined.

Runelords is implemented as Pathfinder Adventures on Steam for the PC and in as an Obsidian app on iOs and Android, so that's a lower-cost way to get the same fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.