Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just purchased Sagrada and have been playing it solo to get a feel for it before attempting to introduce it to family members. I've learned from experience in teaching new games to my family that it pays to anticipate areas that might cause frustration, and to provide some basic strategy tips to deal with them. With that preamble, I was curious if anyone here had a simple tip or two on how best to exploit the four movement-based cards in the tools deck - i.e. tools 2,3,4 and 12? In the few games I've played it seems like they have significantly less flexibility/utility than the other tools due to the placement restrictions imposed by orthagonal dice. I was almost tempted to leave these four tools out of at least the initial games I might introduce to my family. But before doing anything like this, I thought I'd ask for advice from others more experienced in this game about how to make effective use of these particular cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might be over thinking this one Steve.

Don't worry about the tool cards, people will spot when they can use them naturally and you can help if need be.

Segrada is extremely easy to pick up with a very very simple rule set.

Just play a few games with no real pressure on who wins and your family will love it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, Barry. I will try that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.