Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if the stock price does not change after paying dividend (i.e. the dividend was smaller than the stock value) and there are other tokens on the stock price space? Will the token be placed underneath the other tokens, or will it stay at the position it was?

The rulebook says:
- "When the dividend was greater than “0” but below the stock value, the stock marker remains in the same box."
- "When a stock marker is to be moved onto an already occupied space then it is placed underneath the stock marker(s) already there."

The wording of the latter rule ("to be moved onto an already occupied space"), implies that it does not apply if "the stock marker remains in the same box". So what happens with the token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The order of tokens in a space is always a measure of how long they've been in that space. (The only exception is likely my own 1843)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always? Another exception is 1860.
So I do not believe there is really a generic rule here, so the question remains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not forget that the company just played. Therefore its token would go under the others no question if it moved or not, after the ones that already played and the ones that will play. Consider it a movement and it becomes very intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Nope, works for 1860 too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:

The 1860 rulebook says: "If a company pays a dividend, but the price fails to change, then the share price token for the company remains in the same space, but is placed under other markers with the same price, as though the share price had changed".
So that clearly changes the order. Even if the token was the first on that space, it will become last in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are two opposite opinions. JC says the token stays where it was, Evelin says it moves to the bottom.

Any other opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
weisswurst wrote:
clearclaw wrote:

The 1860 rulebook says: "If a company pays a dividend, but the price fails to change, then the share price token for the company remains in the same space, but is placed under other markers with the same price, as though the share price had changed".
So that clearly changes the order. Even if the token was the first on that space, it will become last in order.

Sure, it goes to the bottom and then all the other companies run to the same net outcome. Get out bits and play with it. The two are identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand it. Suppose the other companies have already operated, and moved to this spot. Now the company which was there before is on top and operates, and moves to the bottom. End of operation round. The token which was first on that spot is now on the bottom.

So you answer to 18Ruhr is not clear to me. Do you think the token should move to the bottom, as in e.g. 1860, or should it stay in the positive it was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Eysank
msg tools
I will ask Wolfram when I mail to him the next days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it goes to the bottom. Which in practice means you put it upside down on top of the other upside down tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Janich
Germany
Meerbusch
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The stock token does not be moved to another space but will be moved below any other stock token already in the same box.

Simply assuming that any stock token of a company which is performing its turn during the OR will be moved vertically below the stock market table. When the company has used its income the stock token will reenter the stock market table according to the rules either in a box to the left, to the right or straight back in its previous box. In any case the token has been moved an consequently will be put below the stock token already in that box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Wolfram!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.