Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the kickstarter will have a ton of extra monsters and so will the dynasty expansion. I know you recruit monsters during the train phase. I also know that in the base game you layout all the season cards(Core cards that you use everytime + set cards that can change every game)

But how do you put in the extra monsters? I recall from another post that they at least have a certain season to used(I am assuming the more powerful monsters come out in Fall). Do you put them all down or is there a limit? Are they in the set cards that can get changed from game to game(this makes the most sense to me)?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters are all in season cards, and the Kickstarter includes some exclusive season sets— I assume the exclusive monsters are only available when including those seasons sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can add a certain number (I think it was 3?) of the exclusive ones to your season deck before the game.

Edit: I was close! You add 2 to each season. [src]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That is actually a lot more simpler than I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say add 1 or 2. I’m thinking I’ll just add 1 for 3-4 players and 2 for 5-6 players. Seems like it’s entirely up to you though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burgundy90 wrote:
The rules say add 1 or 2. I’m thinking I’ll just add 1 for 3-4 players and 2 for 5-6 players. Seems like it’s entirely up to you though.

So 1-2 for each season? I think 1 for 3-4 and 2 for 5-6 is probably fair.

Also, the Godzilla one looks insane. Bonsai clan is going to wreck Turtle with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Homey_Christ wrote:
burgundy90 wrote:

So 1-2 for each season? I think 1 for 3-4 and 2 for 5-6 is probably fair.

Also, the Godzilla one looks insane. Bonsai clan is going to wreck Turtle with it.

I actually think some of the Card upgrades, while situational, are actually better than some of the monsters. I don’t really think having more monsters is going to ruin anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.