Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are there rules for overwatch (making a figure ready to attack upon enemy activation) similar to video game xcom overwatch)? If so, can someone provide me the rules for it? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain characters have abilities like that (and Loku from the Hoth expansion has an ability actually called Overwatch, I think), but no general rules for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:
Are there rules for overwatch (making a figure ready to attack upon enemy activation) similar to video game xcom overwatch)? If so, can someone provide me the rules for it? Thank you.

There is no general rule like that.

Jyn Odan can use her ability Quick Draw to attack in opponents activation, but certain conditions apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's too bad....this game would be more awesomw with a rule like this one. Even if it costs 1 strain. Anyways..thnx for the replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
If it did exist, it'd better cost a whole lot more than 1 strain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:
That's too bad....this game would be more awesomw with a rule like this one. Even if it costs 1 strain. Anyways..thnx for the replies!

Could the imperial figures use it too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Velensk wrote:
If it did exist, it'd better cost a whole lot more than 1 strain.

Yeah. Doesn't Jyn's ability cost 2 strain? And it's pretty awesome in this game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:

No, it really wouldn't. This isn't X-Com. It's a totally different type of game and an ability like this - for only 1 strain - would wreck the game. Pure and simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
What you're talking about is an interrupt. At various triggers, a units action may be interrupted for a specific action by another unit.

They're pretty specific, though. Like people mentioned, Jyn can do this with some of her abilities. The Quickdraw Holster reward also allows this.

But attacks are incredibly important in this game. Just giving them away for basically free would be pretty game breaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roth
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:

I don't want to presume, but I think that he meant that the cost of 1 strain would be in addition to an action.
So:

I'm not advocating either way, just saying that this seems to be what he meant and the replies are phrased as though he wants to grant "free" attacks all over the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.