Hide
6 Posts

Dinosaur Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: threat die/security questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DANIEL Sault
msg tools
Sorry if these are in the rule book somewhere, but I cannot seem to find them.

2 Questions:

1. At the end of phase 4, when you have added the threat die (from phase 1) to each player's threat level, patrons are eaten according to the difference between threat and security and VP's are scored. My question is, at the start of the next round, does the threat level decrease (according to the value of the aforementioned threat die) when the DNA dice are re-rolled, or do the threat pips compound from one round to another?

2. When upgrading security past 10, does the cost stay at $5 per level, or does the cost become reduced to $1 for 11 security, etcetera?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The die with the additional threat is added back to the pool of dice after the round. It only lasts that one round and will be different the next one.

2. It stays at $5 for anything above ten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... You aren't the Brian Lewis I was expecting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DANIEL Sault
msg tools
I understand that the threat die will be different for each round, but just so I understand you completely: you reduce your threat level at the start of the next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't increase the actual threat tracker for the threat die. That is the path to forgetting to lower it.

Just add it in your head each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DANIEL Sault
msg tools
Great, thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.