GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,720 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Francois Robe
msg tools
Hello
If I do understand my rule’s own translation, I could exert any resources for combat but only one per ressource. After reading the threads, I am wrong, I can only exert one and only one ( it would have been better if it had been written). So I don’t understand page 23 on the third line the words (...AND lose one or more ship Ressources of the type you exerted in this attack...).
So how can I lose more than one ressource in combat...?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
Stalenine wrote:
Hello
If I do understand my rule’s own translation, I could exert any resources for combat but only one per ressource. After reading the threads, I am wrong, I can only exert one and only one ( it would have been better if it had been written). So I don’t understand page 23 on the third line the words (...AND lose one or more ship Ressources of the type you exerted in this attack...).
So how can I lose more than one ressource in combat...?
Thanks

You can't. But you can lose more than one level of the resource you did exert, depending on the dice roll. You lose two levels, unless the number on the lowest die is a 1.

Note the Sailor difficulty rules change this to only losing one resource maximum regardless of the roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Robe
msg tools
Wouldn’t it more easy understanding and less ambigeous if writing page 22
+ X for one and only one exerted ship Resource ( max of one ressource)at player’s choice ?
French language is rich of subtile interpretation...Translation are often not evident...
Thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb

Page 22 says

"+X for any one Exerted Ship Resource (maximum of one Resource)"

That seems pretty clear to me.

There is also language on page 13:

"Note that TEST Actions (e.g., Search, Refit, etc.) allow you to risk only one Ship Resource, maximum, but you will have a choice of type."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Robe
msg tools
Of course, you're right.
Apologize for this short disgression.

Any can have many signification for a french translater ...

when you read : "Visit any time you want" could be translated in french (n'important quand)i.e. whenever in good English
but when you read "
Packaging is to be assessed separately from any object it contains"
any could be translate (tout)in french that means every or all !

and to finish a last sentence : "We haven’t met any of his friends" which could be written in french (aucun or aucune) i.e. none !!!

So any in french : It could be saying anything and its opposite ...

greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jhonny seven
msg tools
mbmbmb
just a reminder, on page 13 it also explains that some test cards allow you to exert more than one type of resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.