Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Which character would you like to see added in the Dwar7s Winter miniature collection?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Gryphon
11.8% 23
Ice Queen / White Witch
28.2% 55
Ice Golem
6.7% 13
Ice Wizard
3.6% 7
Frost Hydra
14.4% 28
Sabertooth Ice Tiger
19.0% 37
CHIMERA
37.9% 74
Baba Yaga
10.3% 20
Minotaur
4.6% 9
Barbegazi
3.6% 7
Voters 195
This poll is now closed.   195 answers
Poll created by constantinekevorque
Closes: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grizzly Overland
United States
California
flag msg tools
Looking at all the super awesome options I see some potential with the chimera. I think we the voters could vote on the heads of the Chimera. I am seeing a lot of love for the sabertooth tiger, lets make that one one of the heads! That leaves two more heads or how many the designer wants to add.

With the different heads of the creature, the condition to defeat the monster could have variation, or the monster special ability could change. Looking at the mechanics of the game, depending on what song is played or what color dwarf majority on the board can affect the defeat condition or special ability.

Right now I am invisioning a sabertooth tiger, eagle(gryphon), and bull(Minotaur) head. Though any option selected I think will be awesome! Thanks for letting us have a voice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Vesuvius Media for running this competition.
Great finalist entries all around, I can already see this is likely going to be a photo finish.

The competition only required suggesting a name, but I like fleshing things out a bit more, so here is my full suggestion:

Quote:
Ice Queen / White Witch

Backstory: As beautiful as she is cold, they say that those who gaze upon her are frozen in place. She seeks to bring eternal winter to the realms of the dwarves.

Special ability: Frost
Dwarves can not be moved from the area the Ice Queen / White Witch occupies.

Miniature suggestion: How about having her ride a polar bear?

Not that Vesuvius Media have to go with the suggestions, but I can hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan E

Tennessee
msg tools
Thanks for your consideration of my suggestion to bring the bony witch Baba Yaga to the world of Dwar7s. I think she would be a good addition bc it would be nice to see a female villain, she's part of neighboring folklore (Slavic, specifically Russian), and she's a fun and kooky character who flies in a mortar and attacks with a pestle. You may have seen her and her chicken legged hut in the recent Reaper Bones campaign. I think the imaginative stylized look of Dwar7s would be a great fit for her and she for it. Thanks again, and good luck to all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
msg tools
Tumbledry wrote:
Looking at all the super awesome options I see some potential with the chimera. I think we the voters could vote on the heads of the Chimera. I am seeing a lot of love for the sabertooth tiger, lets make that one one of the heads! That leaves two more heads or how many the designer wants to add.

With the different heads of the creature, the condition to defeat the monster could have variation, or the monster special ability could change. Looking at the mechanics of the game, depending on what song is played or what color dwarf majority on the board can affect the defeat condition or special ability.

Right now I am invisioning a sabertooth tiger, eagle(gryphon), and bull(Minotaur) head. Though any option selected I think will be awesome! Thanks for letting us have a voice.

I like the possibilities of the Chimera and voted for it. However, I am voting with the vision that there will be some creativity with the heads. Makes this creature really unique to the game. Someone in the comments page of the KS made a good point that these are vanilla monsters. Here's an opportunity to really get creative. I really appreciate creators that allow for backers to have input on the product. THANK YOU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabiano Rossini
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Queen / White Witch was my choice, the option that most closely approximates my suggestion Yuki-onna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to
Grizzly Overland
United States
California
flag msg tools
and his Chimera. You pulled quite ahead there in the end - no wonder with having three of them.
I hope they go with your suggestion of having the Chimera react to the music.

Well, second place for me yet again (I also came second in the competition for Covil). In Covil I got lucky and got my suggestion included, so I can still hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to BOTH the "Chimera" and the "Ice Queen"

Yes, we decided to choose two of them to add in our campaign. We will be making a KS Update soon with the details on what the plan is for them. One of them will be a stretch goal, and the other will require a small "mission" to be included in our campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan E

Tennessee
msg tools
Congrats to the winners and their great suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.