Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

What means sanctify after sealing?

I guess it means if i seal the nexus after defeating a Culture member, i have to search for the vital Fluid and defeat it. But i don't get that from the Rules.... if the vital fluid Would be a Master Card it Would make Sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you're playing the Candlepoint mission "In Cold Blood". Basically, you can ignore the Sanctify After Sealing power in this mission. If you seal a nexus, just sacrifice the Vital Fluid's archetype along with the rest of the nexus's cards.

Long-winded explanation:

The weird "Sanctify after sealing" power would normally occur during the Sanctify step, after you perform the Seal sub-step. It adds extra effects to the standard instructions for sealing, where you sacrifice all remaining cards in the nexus except for Masters. (Basically, you would first set aside any Minion B and Minion C archetypes and apply any of their Win powers.)

HOWEVER, the Sanctify After Sealing power has no real effect during this mission. Theoretically, you could apply the Vital Fluid's Win power (to display the archetype card next to the nexus instead of the mission). But as you noted, this mission has no Master cards, so sealing gets rid of all cards in the nexus. And the rulebook states that if a nexus deck is empty after you perform the Seal step, the nexus itself is sacrificed -- along with any cards displayed next to it. The Vital Fluid would just vanish immediately.

This is fine: Structure cards are intended to be generic, so not every one of its powers will be used in every mission in which they appear. For example, "In Cold Blood" has no Master or Minion B cards, so you can also ignore the Gather card's "Master" and "Minion B" powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.