Endure the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Bent minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game used and some of the minis are somewhat bent. Three survivors have one of these awkward positions which make one wonder how they could stand in the first place, and some GEPs have limbs/claws/whatever which go lower than their base so they lean once placed on the board.

Nothing to worry about, and I mean by that that it doesn't prevent me to play, but still, it is a bit annoying...

So, does anyone know how I can fix this? My knowledge with minis is approximately equal to absolute zero but I seem to have understood or heard here and there that hot water may do the job.

Or is it possible to get replacements from Grimlord Games, even if I didn't purchase the game from them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put the bent mini in some really hot (not boiling) water. Let them sit in the water for 3 - 10 seconds and the mini will either :

Bend itself back to normal position

Or

Be pliable enough for you to bend it back.

Once it's in the proper shape / position you want it to be, place it in cold water as fast as you can.

It should retain it's new and improved shape / placement.

If not, try again.

I've done it many many times for multiple games with plastic miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input: I'll give this a try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.