6 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: How many Automas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rolando
msg tools
mbmb
Will likely play this as 3 human players, sometimes 4. How many Automas, if any, is recommended?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Peachey-Pace
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How many Automa’s?
If you have a player dropping in and out I imagine you don't want to play with any other than when you are replacing the human player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't play with more than 1 automa, however, if you are playing with 3 to 4 players, you don't really need automa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mbmb
dboyee wrote:
I wouldn't play with more than 1 automa, however, if you are playing with 3 to 4 players, you don't really need automa.

That’s what I was wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muskett32 wrote:
dboyee wrote:

That’s what I was wondering.

Three players seems to be the sweet spot for this game - I would also recommend not bothering with automas at this player count. However, if you have a fourth player who will only play occasionally, and want to keep their charter active for all games (so that they count in the final scoring, and you get a similar feel from it for every game weather the player is there or not), then it would probably be a good idea to have an automa cover for them when they aren't available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shan Rievan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Reading previous threads seem to suggest a recommendation of 2 automas for a 2-3 player game. It has also been suggested to not use an automa for the 6th player (for a 5 player game).

Your house your rules. It is a unique legacy game after all. No 2 games will be the same.

I personally will use 2 automas, just to keep it simple and for a slight challenge. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.