Subject: Stun, Fire Demon and Teleport rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So played my first game of this, with three players. I really enjoyed the game a lot despite doing some things very wrong (unlimited wizard healing and not damaging something if the piece leaves into the shadow zone). Fortunately one of the other players enjoyed the game as well. Unfortunately one of the players hated the game. He is an older disabled guy so the moving around constantly to aim and shoot was a bit to much work for him, which is very understandable. Anyway, I have a few questions that I cant seem to clear up even reading the rules.

1. How exactly does stun work? If I hit multiple heroes with a stun attack do ALL heroes get stunned or only the first?

1.5. Do stuns last the entirety of the room UNTIL a friendly hero comes in contact?

1.8. If three heroes or all but one hero is stunned does this mean all heroes are technically no longer stunned? I am very confused on this part in the rules regarding one hero left un-stunned.

2. When using the fire demon do you use the fireball piece that the wizard uses for the attack?

3. When teleporting another character must you flick and come into contact with them? or a teleport can function without contact anywhere in the room?

Thanks in advance for the clarifications!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Dorpmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sad about your disabled friend this is a really great game. Anyway, on to the questions!

Quote:
1. How exactly does stun work? If I hit multiple heroes with a stun attack do ALL heroes get stunned or only the first?

All heroes get stunned (rules don't mention this specifically but for example petrify DOES say only 1 hero gets effected)
EDIT: Okay the rules DO say this specifically, under Shot Modifiers page 12

Quote:
1.5. Do stuns last the entirety of the room UNTIL a friendly hero comes in contact?

Yes

Quote:
1.8. If three heroes or all but one hero is stunned does this mean all heroes are technically no longer stunned? I am very confused on this part in the rules regarding one hero left un-stunned.

The rulebook is talking about the scenario when there is only 1 hero left on the board (the others may be dead, devoured or teleported). Since it would be (mostly) impossible to set him free from stun, he is declared immune to stun. Otherwise, stun would technically be a insta-kill power, which would be too powerful.

Quote:
2. When using the fire demon do you use the fireball piece that the wizard uses for the attack?

Yes (not the giant one with the red flame though!)

Quote:
3. When teleporting another character must you flick and come into contact with them? or a teleport can function without contact anywhere in the room?

Nop, you can teleport anyone as long as the teleport spell has the Hero icon (see page 11)

Have fun flicking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for the fast response and that clears up a lot. I am going to be playing a two player game of it today as well, possibly three players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.